lettin the clickers click!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catangler53, Jul 31, 2009.

1. catangler53

catangler53 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im goin fishin tonight a a paylake not to far from here and i was wonderin what bait everybody catches them hogs on at paylakes???

2. grouse & britt

grouse & britt New Member

State:
    Pa.
    eel can be good , most times the key too ellin is freshly killed & i prefer 7-12" , whole eels vs cut bait , if there are large , stripers,musky,ect
    thay also work fished like a rubber worm take note thay sink like a rock, another fine bait & my bait of choice is lil fish 4-7" use whats avaliable in local waters & within your current regs & again you can find some nice fish other than cats when there avaliable
    Good luck

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Don't think everybody are fishing the paylakes. Most all fishermen like the rivers and lakes when it comes time to fishing! Don't think they allow a boat on a pay to fish pond. Baits anywhere from live to cut baits is good. If you set bank lines ect then you would already know this of course.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  4. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    a good friend of mines father owns a pay lake here, and ive had luck on cut bream and live goldfish,shrimp works good too. you should just ask the owners what the fish hit on best. or you can bring wat i call a (fish buffet) several diff types of bait and try them until you start seeing results and stick with one or the other.

5. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Pay Lake = Fishing in a Barrel
    Fair Chase fishing? Not hardly.

Just My Opinions :big_smile_2:

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Eric!
    For a pay lake I would use night crawlers, chicken liver or cereal type dough balls.:wink:

7. Dr. Flathead

Dr. Flathead New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Its hard to beat a live bluegill for bait when fishing for trophy size flatheads. I have had good luck with a nice size isralian carp to. Them dudes stay alive for a long time as long as they are hooked right.

8. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    pay lakes? hummm !!!!:eek:oooh:

9. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And don't forget hotdogs!!!:confused2:

10. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    haha i hearthey bight real good on quesadillas in early fall. :big_smile::smile2:

11. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    get a seine and five of your buddies. you could clean the pond out. then go dump em in a lake or river where they came from. on bait advise i would use your fishing liscense. it is orange this year and i hear they love orange.

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I would say that pay lake fish have seen it all . Try different baits to learn what they are hitting on . Chicken liver , stink or dip bait , cut bait etc .