Letter Wrote By a 10 Year Boy.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cherokee, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Cody is my wife 2nd cousion and he lost his dad in a wreck almost 2 years ago Frankie Bailey. He wrote this story about see if you you can read it without makeing a tear.

In Loving Memory of our Dad

Losing My Best Friend
    Good-Bye-Dad

It was a evening like any other evening. I had gotten off te bus from Middle Fork Elementary in Magoffin County after a hard day of school on Thursday, April 28,2005 I dragged myself into the living room and collapsed onto the couch exaushted and ready for a nap. All I could think about was sleep, a deep sleep, without any noise. So there i lay dreaming while my mom was busy fixing supper. Suddenly, I was awoken by the telephone ringing. I would have never dreamed that my world would be turned upside down by that one phone call.

"Hello," my mom said. "Lois, this is Rhoda," replied my step mom. "I have some-thing very important to tell you. Are you setting down ?" My mom slowly sits and wait to hear what she has to say. By this time, I was curi-ous as to what was being dis-cussed, so I eased closer to the kitchen to listern. I did not know what is was all about. I could feel my heart tell by the look on my mom's face that it was serious, but i still start to beat faster within my chest as the dread built within me. What could it be ? "It is Cody's dad," said Roda with a broken voice. "He was kill today when his truck was hit head on by a garbage truck. I do not think he suffered in any way. He died instantly." Oh no ! What will I tell Cody?" " What ! What ! What ! Mom ? What is it ? Tell me ! Tell me ! " Roda, I have to go." "Cody sweetie, I'm Going to tell you something that is going to really hurt, but remember that I am here for you. Your dad was killed today. He is no longer with us." I will never forget how i felt at that moment. My heart felt like it was broken into a million pieces. No matter how hard i tried not to cry, the tears would not stop flowing. They flowed like a waterfall down my face. The welled up and settled within me like a heavy blanket. The loneliness I felt engulfed me and I was afriad that i would feel this way the rest of my life. I had just lost my best friend.

"Tell me it's not true, Mom! This can't be happening to me." I can remember mom wrapping her arms around me to try and comfort me, but I had already started thinking I was all alone.
    Dad and I weren't always apart. There was a time when we were a family. But things dont alway work out between adults like you wish they could. That is what happened with my mom and dad. They felt like it was best if there were apart instead od together. But that still never stopped me from missing dad and the memories of everything we had ever done together cam flooding back as I realized that he was reall gone.
    I can remember the first time we went hunting. I was shaking all over becuse I was so excited. People tell me that I am a very hyperactive and lively person, so I remember dad saying that i had to be quiet. As hard as it is was for me to do this, I did becaused i loved being with him And man I can remember the time I had to climb that big, stupid hill to get to the fishing pond that dad said was so great. Was it ? Not really, but dad was my hero, so I belived anything he said.
    Now, with my mom's word ringing in my ears. I thought " What would i do without my dad?" Who would play play baseball,basketball, and talks with me, will mom always play baseball and basketball with me? Who would I fish and hunt with? Talk with me when i need them? What was I going to do ?
    The next few days were a blur. Friends and family came and went. Even Scotty my brother, was supportive, but i gained something that I did not know that I really had through the hardest thing that I had even gone through in my short: A friend in my mom.
    My mom gave me strength when i needed it the most. She gave me the courage that I did not know I had enough to go on and mostly importantly, she gave me love I needed to make it through the day. She became my new best friend. My mom is now there when i need her.
    Written by: Cody Bailey
    Sadly Missed by:
    Scott & Cody

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you, Herbert. It's beautiful.
    Hugs to Cody and Scott and their mom, too.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    that was a great story thank you for sharing that,It shows that something good gan come from something bad.

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    That is a terrible thing for kid to go through. I myself know exactly how he feels, I went through the same thing when I was a boy. Let him know that there is people that love him and everything will be alright.

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That is a very touching story. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes to all!

6. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Thankyou for the post. Bad enough they were seperated but for his father to die just punctuates what the human heart can really bear. Even though nit was so tragic, Im glad that he didnt let that hold him back. Funny how strong your mom really is huh.

Thanks again, Dru

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Time slips away way too fast and the ones we love leave,some tragically some due to Natural Causes. I believe this story emphasizes how we should spend time loving each other and strive not to have regrets. Give them all hugs from me. He did a super job writing it and showing his feelings. Glad to know that Mom became his new Best Friend!:big_smile:

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    10 Year Old are somthing else. Need to tell your mom and dad every day how much you love them if there still alive.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Herbert for sharing this touching story. :big_smile:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the Post!

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Wow. You just wanna wrap your arms around that kid and hold him. God has put something in me that makes me really want to reach out to boys like that. What a heart-wrenching story.

P.S. That young man truly has a gift. He can write! I sure hope someone is nurturing that gift in him, because he's something truly special.