Let's try this

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jrgriffhusker, Nov 14, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'm heading to Hershey WMA tomorrow. It's a 53 acre interstate pond with both Flatties and Channies. How do we want to fish this? If there are tree piles should I sit up on them and try live bait for flatties or drift/troll with chicken livers. If you have an idea let me here it. PS there are largemouth, rock bass, nothern pike, walleye, and blue gille. I'm taking minnows, night crawlers, Wicked stinky, and chicken livers. I will post on how the day goes. And I am taking the camera.
    I will check back in the morning before I leave to write down the ideas so I can try them all. No excuses on why I didn't catch fish.:wink::wink::wink:

2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    good luck bro....its just to cold to catch a flathead...you gotta drop it in it's mouth when it's this cold....I would go with the chicken liver and just track down the channels....wish I could make it but it's about a 4 hour drive for me...

get some pictures the braggin board is slowing down fast

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Thanks Frank. I think I may end up fisihing for walleye and pike

4. NebraskaWalleye

NebraskaWalleye New Member

State:
    Viola Kansas
    big baits for em both use 4 in twisters for eyes and like f-13 rapalas for the pike. use something with a yellow base to it with your jig head colors for eyes and you should do just fine.

5. bigmikeg

bigmikeg New Member

State:
    nebraska
    try some good stink baits and strip shads should be a good choice fr cats right now. when i was a kid we used strip shads in the fall and spring all the time on the nemaha when the water was cooler they liked i better.
    that was a coons age ago though when water was in the nemaha near auburn