Let's talk UFC...

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by kat in the hat, Feb 12, 2007.

Who will win? Randy should fight up?

1. Chuck Liddell

2. Rampage Jackson

3. Randy should fight up

4. Randy should be allowed a shot at the title

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know there's a few UFC fans in here. I've got a couple of questions. First one is who thinks Quinten Rampage Jackson is going to knock out Chuck? There were more than a few that thought Tito was gonna,(not me) but he didn't even come close. True, Rampage knocked Chuck out before, but that was a long time ago.

Next...Why does Randy Cotoure get to come out of retirement and automatically get to fight Tim Sylvia for the title? Shouldn't he have to fight his way back up through the ranks just like anybody else that loses a title fight? I think he should fight Crocop before fighting Sylvia. Sylvia's days are numbered. I like him, but I don't like how he's not willing to put on a show. All he does is defend, and use his size as an advantage. True, he should defend his title, but he needs to up his pace, and finish people off. JMO.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Love the UFC, I think Randy has earned the right to come in and fight big Tim for the belt. Do I think he will win?? No, age is against him and Tim is one hard hitting machine.

He will win if he can take it to the ground quickly and get on top, if they stay on their feet Randy is in big trouble. This is in Columbus next month, who knows, one of my brokers may come through for me and I'll be there. :wink:

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    randy has earned the right to walk in and fight who he wants when he wants and i hope chuck knocks jackson out in the first round

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Liddell will win. Im pretty sure.

As for Randy... well.... think of it this way- If Royce Gracie didnt have to go through the ranks again last year for his comeback fight then neither does Randy. I know.... you're immediately thinking that they are WAY WAY different and Gracie is in a league of his own. I agree-he is... but hall of famers are hall of famers and by getting to that level and maintaining their successes through the years, they have been given the right to special or preferential treatment.

Plus they deserve the preference for helping to build the UFC into what it is today in terms of following, fan base, and the safer rules and regulations that took the sport from something that (at one point early on) was worthy of public outcry, to something that half of hollywood and the sports world seems to go to see and be seen at. Use that as the indicator of what these modern gladiators of the sport have done with their hall of fame careers. If those bozos out there in sprtsworld/Hollywood live and die by the camera, then this sport is pretty well accepted if theyre willing to be seen in the stands.

Heck... Think of it in terms of Hockey- Most of the old Red Wings whose jerseys have been retired also had their lockers retired as well- something the public rarely hears about.. BUT.... Whenever they feel like coming in and using the team gym, their retired locker is stocked daily like the others and waiting for them... Its a perk of being one of the greatest in the game. It is a perk for building the fan base, and it is a perk for giving what they did in their careers. Your status earns you the right because your performance earned you the status.

5. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I hope to see CroCop move up the ranks-he's a machine!

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    theres no way Chuck L is going to lose that`s one Bad Dude

7. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I no longer watch UFC. I hadnt watched a single episode in well over a year prolly but I thought Randy retired, after Chuck beat him last time? I like Randy, I think he trains hard and is a good fighter, but Chuck is simply the better fighter. History proved itself, but.............:roll_eyes: you're than welcome to correct me if Im wrong.

8. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Yes Randy did retire after losing to chuck. He's not scheduled to fight Chuck again. Not yet anyways. After a year of watching Sylvia covet his belt to the extent that his fights are about as exciting as watching grass grow, he decided to sign a 4 fight, 2 year contract to try and snatch the belt from Tim. I understand what he has done to make UFC the premier fighting attraction these days, but I'm not sure his first fight back in the ring should be for a title. That's just my opinion. I'm sure it will be a great fight. I like them both. Hopefully Randy will win. He claims to be in top physical condition. Maybe he can pull it off.

Crocop IS a machine!!! I've never seen him fight before UFC 67, and he scares me. He will hunt you down and hurt you. He doesn't give an inch in the octagon. Just pushes forward relentlessly. And his kicks sound like a gun going off. I want to see HIM fight Sylvia. If Randy wins against Sylvia, that won't happen. At least not for a while.

9. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Randy will have little trouble with Tim Silvia, on the ground or standing. He stood toe to toe with Pedro Rizzo and stopped him. He beat Chuck in the stand-up in the first fight. Silvia does not have the heart to beat Randy. Now saying that, I am a BIG CroCop fan and he will crush anyone in the heavyweight division. Look at the fight he had with Wunderlei Silva to win the Pride open weight class belt, he crushed him.

I don't think the rematch with Liddel/Jackson will end with Chuck's corner throwing in the towel like last time. If Rampage is silly enough to stand with him, it will be another short night of work for Chuck.:big_smile:

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Chuck will win again. The man has jackhammers for fists. I've never seen power like he has, in a man his size. He's just unbelievable. The shots that he knocks people out with, look like he just barely caught them.... except they hit the mat. It's crazy, he just knocks people out right and left.

Now for Randy vs. Sylvia...... boy as much as I'd love to call for a Randy Couture victory, I just can't get past Sylvia's size. It's so hard to take on a guy that much bigger and win a fight like that. I think Randy is still a phenomenal fighter and I think he has every right to have this shot at the title. He's earned it, even if he's just walking back in after retirement, but I don't think he can beat Sylvia. I really hope I'm wrong.

11. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I'd just hate to see Randy go in there and win against Tim, and make me miss the chance to see Crocop demolish Tim Sylvia. Maybe that's not how it will go down. I don't see either of them beating Crocop though. Finally a little to look forward to in the UFC heavyweight division. It's been boreing lately if you ask me.

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont see Randy beating Tim, hes too big and seems to be able to control the fight. May not be pretty but he gets the job done. If Randy can get Tim on the ground he may have the advantage. I dont have a problem with Randy coming in and going straight to the top, he is a legend and it will make money.

Im gonna have to say Rampage is going to beat Chuck again. I hope not cause Id love to see him knockout Rampage but he couldnt do it last time, hopefully Im wrong.

I think they may be trying to get more exposure for CroCop before he gets a title shot. I dont know that most UFC fans know who he is yet so it might not make as much money until everyone knows who he is. CroCop is a bad man though and do see him taking out Sylvia with a head kick or something like that. The UFC is about to get interesting.

13. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA

14. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Rampage can beat Chuck, but only if he gets him down, which is easier said than done. Chuck has great takedown defense. If Rampage can work leg kicks and wear Chuck down before attempting the takedown, I can see Rampage winning. It should be a great fight.

As for Randy, he is a true legend of the octagon, and I do not like Slyvia. However, I am a huge CroCop fan and I dont want Randy to get killed by the left high kick, but if he stands between CroCop and the gold, so be it!