Lets talk MPG

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Jun 2, 2007.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    well today to my BIGGG suprise.. i checked my gas mileage and it was 36mpg...

now i had 296 miles on 8.13 gallons of gas

the reason i was suprised was my car does HORRIBLE in town... like 24mpg but it really does awesoem on the hwy for some reason... but actually my gas mileage would be like 38-39 because i drove around 15miles in town before i filled up... cost me 26 bucks .... saved 24 cents with the walmart discount..

so lets hear about ur gas mileage

Jeff

2. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    The log truck gets abot 4 and a half miles per gallon. AND you dont' run regular in a 73 International with a 345 in it.

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

Nice lol.....

oh i forgot to say
    i got a '93 honda civic Ex with the 1.6 in it...
    manual also..

4. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    Jersey- Stationed in Kansas
    06 Dodge Ram 5.7L 14-18MPG. But gas dropped from 3.29 to 3.04 in 2 weeks. Its not that bad I guess..

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    They say 12 to 13 mpg, but it seems like about 100 yards per gallon..see pic

Attached Files:

6. 1fishhead

1fishhead New Member

State:
    ky
    real nice rig kyle.

7. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    gas mileage is always better on the highway cuz you're not always stopping and starting. no red lights or pedestrians on the highway.

oh yeah, when I read the title I thougt it was MPG as in a file extention, not miles per gallon. looks like I'm a hopless nerd here:tounge_out:

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I get about 36 in my Civic and 13 in the truck when towing the boat. My old Civic 2 door hatchback would never give less than 48, sometimes as much as 51. I drove it until it fell apart around me. I wish I had it now!...W

9. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I'm getting around 40 mpg when on two wheels (Honda Goldwing). And a dreadful 15 mpg while driving my GMC Yukon.

Our gas prices have come down some. Still it's at, or above $3.50/gal.

Guess which vehicle I try to drive the most. I just wish I could tow my boat with the bike.

Tony
    _

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    My work vehicle, 2000 VW Beetle with a turbo diesal, gets 46-50 MPG. My truck 2002 Nissan Frontier SC 4X4 gets around 16 MPG, unless I'm towing the boat, then its a whopping 8 MPG:crazy:

11. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I just hauled my boat behind the '01 Toyota 4Runner for a 2 hour round trip (with quite some stops on the duration, not to mention driving to the boat ramp a few times once at the lake) and used 7 gallons of gas. The thing is, the 4Runner eats gas in town!!:eek:oooh: Oh yeah, and we were there for 3 days. :)

12. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    1980 Ford 350 van 8 mpg down hill, with the wind, 60 mph, towing nothing. Bought this van in 1982 and have been converting ever thing to fishing since. 250,000 miles 3rd engine, 2nd transmission and almost nothing original. Cut in a pop up top myself, bed, sink, cabinets, fish rod holders, screens all windows, doors, awning. Like myself it is about wore out and about through evolving, but we get done what needs done. One small problem when I fill up them two tanks from empty it cost more than what the van is worth, except to me. Luck

13. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    Jersey- Stationed in Kansas
    Woke up this morning and had to go get gas before heading out on my daily mission to find fish. I just filled up 2 days ago @ 3.19 a gal. Well the sign said 2.99 this morning. dont you just hate that...

14. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    my town car gets 19/24 the kia rio gets 28/32

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    18-20 mpg, no matter where I drive. lol

I also get about 2 deer hit per fill up. hehehe

I also get 1 totaled car per 5 fill ups. LMAO