Let's talk fighting!

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hey Everybody,
    Lets just talk about fighting!:wink: I love to do it. In the this thread, I just want to talk about anything and everything related to fighting whether you did it, saw it, wanted to do it or heard about it.... Im no MMA fighter but I love watching it. Got into a few fights in my day...got into trouble sometimes for it. My mom didnt know what to do with me sometimes. Now a days Im really into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I love it! There are few things that I find more exciting than to watch a pair of grapplers who are really good go at it. Its kind of hard trying to find free time to train with my Marine Corps career and constantly deploying. Got my butt handed to me more times than I can count and injured a few times. I'll tell you all about it in this thread. I wanna hear some fight stories from you guys also.

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dameon, most wouldnt believe me but I was almost all state wrestling champ. I went to a 4 year catholic high school and was 120 weight varsity freshman, 1 of 3 varsity freshmen in the school. I wrestled 120 and 3 weights above me. My arse was handed to me at the state championships by a senior. I took 4th place. "Gotta dig out my varsity jacket, pic to follow" I also boxed and self practiced martial arts. I used to own a reptile store in california next to a FRED VALARE.... "Spelling" school of defense. I use take out the black belts like a bad chinese meal. I'm 43 now but still got a few tricks up my sleeve. :wink:

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    SO you must be well versed in adding and cutting weight? I've heard of a few cutting methods but none of them safe for long term use. What do you think?

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    The school I wrestled at I was 120. I could do anything I wanted back then and was 120. I wrestled a few weights above me because the school was new to wrestling and didnt have a full team. I also benched over 240 back then, animal, yes. I dropped out the next year and went to work because my father passed away, gotta do what ya gotta do.

Attached Files:

• 120.jpg
      120.jpg
      File size:
      33.6 KB
      Views:
  5. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

Sorry to hear about your father bro.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thanks, That was long ago. I still got a nasty grip in my older age. LOL

7. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I can always tell when Im grappling with a wrestler. You all go crazy once I get you on your back:smile2:! If im on my back, i just pull guard and relax and try to figure things out. Wrestlers though:crazy: you'd think that they laying on broken glass!:smile2::smile2: I learn alot from everyone I train with though.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ve been in a few scrapes in my time but now I train in Muay thai. I do it to relieve stress, stay in shape, and have an edge on the inmates. I my line of work you have to be ready to defend yourself at all times , if you let your guard down you may not be going home.

9. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I grew up with 3 older Brothers so I was never
    a stranger to an a$$kicking. But when I became
    of age things changed! I stood a little taller
    and was A bit heavier than them. That's when the a$$kickings were over. But I never hated
    one of them for what happened in the past. If
    I'd learned earlier in life to keep my mouth
    shut I'd have suffered a few less a$$kickings
    back then. :)
    Does this count as fighting experience Dameon?

10. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    lol AMEN!!!!! same situation but man dislocated shoulder and busted lips various other HAZING ACTIVITIES that my brothers whooped into me man ill never forget it but I also remember a time or two now where all those asskickings kicked in and saved my BUTT!!!!! not litterally lol haha that was funny

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Larry,
    I am by no means an expert in the area of dealing them out but rather recieving them! I would have to say that the above does qualify with out a doubt!:wink:

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I remember once i was training BJJ at the school I attend. I was training with a very experienced guy who was really just toying with me. He was allowing me to do all sorts of things and then he would take control when he got ready...:roll_eyes:. Anyhow, at one point he got me in what I thought was going to be an arm bar from a high guard. Turns out he was going to apply an armlock called an "americana". In order to escape the armbar I whent to creat some space to get his leg over my head, which is the worst thing to do in an americana...long story short...my body went one way while my arm went the other at a 90 degree angle. I felt an immediate pop in my shoulder and a crack in my elbow....the worst pain I have ever been in! I could not even bring myself to look at my arm cause I knew it was just gonna be hanging there (it had actually popped back in). I was in so much pain that I went outside and puked in some bushes...went to the emergency room that night and the doc said I would be fine. Two days later there I am right back at it on the mat with one arm in a sling:smile2:!

13. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    professional backyard boxer here!!!:wink: not really but i do alot of boxing with my buddies. been in a few actuall fist fights. aint won em all but noone ever wins all of em right? do alot of wrestling around in the backyard and on the trampoline too. like using the rear naked choke hold on people or a good arm bar.

14. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Could'nt box for sh!t. But I loved the backyard
    wrestling! I'd wrestle on the school playground, at the Boys Club,at camp or where ever I could. I liked wrestling guys older then
    me to see how well I could do. Walked away teary eyed a few times when they'd get a little
    to rough. But it was all good! Oh the memories!

15. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Same here. Did alot of wrestling around in the back yard. Somehow football always led to wrestling matches!:smile2: If girls were around, then someone would want to up their game and get a little too seriouse and before you know it, there's a full on fight:roll_eyes:. Good thing though is that the next day, you would never know that we were trying to tear eachother's heads off the day before.

16. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    There were 5 of us boys at the house so a fistfight or wrestling match was an every day occurance. I ended up the biggest, but not necessarily the toughest. All of us ended up learning to use our heads more, before the brain damage to a complete toll.:wink:

17. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    lOl them were the good ol day's when you took a good american butt kicking ...
    could get slammed into a wall and want more ...Now a stubbed toe will put you on the injured list for a week lmao

18. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Jon Koppenhaver a.k.a. "War Machine" recently had his name legally changed to....you guessed it, War Machine!!! Its true!

19. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am a trainer here in owensboro ky. the gym is called southpaw boxing club. here is my past experience.

1. started at age 18 in judo, kung fu. got brown belt in judo and blackbelt in kung fu. at age of 19 i seen a fler on a kickboxing tournament so i went and fought. i lost a split decision. so i went back and started training in kickboxing. had 22 kickboxing matches with a record of 18 wins and 4 losses. then i enterd tuff man. lolo i weighed 140 and was in a division that was 185 and down.got second one yr and won the next yr. then i met my boxing trainer. and started boxing won the indiana state golden gloves 2 times. 1999 and 2000. had record of 11 wins 1 loss boxing. then i did a cage fight last yr. it was a tournament so if i won i had to fight again that night until one person left. it was for a belt in 155 pound class. i knocked my guy out in 131 of first round but i broke my hand about 30 seconds into it. im left handed so i had to switch and knock him out with kicks and a right hand. doctor wouldnt let me continue after that match so i couldnt keep going for the belt that night. those little 4 ounce gloves hurt your hands. now im retired and 32 yrs old and just love to catfish and i train guys to fight. alot less work and not as painful. lol

20. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yep i have broke my right hand 2 times hitting guys in the head ,

not in any ring lol just after work co worker fights welding is a hot job and summer time heat tempers fly lmao :smile2: think i got more of a butt whoopin from my wife telling her how i broke my hand going to the doctor for the cast to be put on lol

also broke my left pinky finger in a arm wrestling tournament from a slip grip didnt even know it happend until next day i got first place right hand and 2 left hand .

my older brother loves to fight and darn good at it hes big and very fast and in awsome shape never had any kind of training and took 2nd place at missouri tuff man contest when he was around 34 i think , hes been into power lifting for many years and runs hes now 49 and just got into a bar fight like 6 months ago when a guy cut him with a broken beer bottle wow he beat the snott out of him and was close to hurting this guy very bad and wasnt stoping after he had him down and the guy was out so 1 of the guys friends got the spare tire out of his car and smashed it onto my brothers back to get him to stop . no charges where taken they all just went back home thankgoodness

at close to 50 hes 6'2 240 lbs with around 8 to 10 % body fat .

dont think he will ever grow up :smile2::smile2::smile2:

o wait he went hog hunting in texas with a friend and when they got gas 1 day he was using the pay phone to call his wife and a mexican came up and was messing with him my brother asked him to stop , then the mexican grabed the phone and pulled the cord out of the pay phone and threw it at my brother lol wrong thing to do my brother used it as a wip and beat him with it then 2 other mexicans came running over and tried to fight my brother until they seen they couldnt get the best of him he was wiping the other 2 mexicans as well the first 1 ran off lol .

my brother did say after he thought about it he was lucky they didnt have a gun or somthin . he said he thinks they all on drugs or somthin .