Lets See Those Rifle Deer!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Wil, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    this is the one i shot for my rifle, i missed him with my bow so i rattled a ton opening day cuz i knew he was the dominant deer there and sure enough, came right to me and BAM not dominant and more. he didnt go 30 yards before he dropped. He is a 3 and a half year old deer that weighed 230 pounds after we gutted him, 9 points on him due to the stickers and he had 3 points broken off. the base of the widest antler was 6 inches around. tell me this isnt impressive for a 9 point deer. i know you all have prolly shot bigger deer in your life but this deer is my trophy of a life time!

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/449186.jpg[/img]

2. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    That is a nice deer!

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    Thanks Mark, i just scored him and it came out at 98. Now all i gotta do is fing the bruiser who broke off his other three points! lol

4. ripleyhunter

ripleyhunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    to each is own. That's a good deer and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. I learned a couple of years ago that a trophy buck was what you really think to yourself is a trophy buck.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice buck thanks for sharing your pics and story you cant eat antlers anyhow but they are nice to look at hangin on the wall

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice buck, the trophy is in the eys of the beholder, and it looks good to me to!

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Wil, That is a bruiser in my book. It's a shame that his rack was busted up. You done good Brother and thanks for sharing.

st

8. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Good buck Will, I am going out tomorrow morning hopefully some idiot doesn't drive infront of my stand this time!

Aaron

TA2D

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Nice looking buck there Wil, congrats. Thanks for the pic.

10. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    nice deer hope to see some like that this weekend its opening of gun season thanks for sharing the pic

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks you guys, aaron we have a lot of trouble with road hunters during and out of season, during bow season i watched as a road hunter shot a big doe that was headed straight toward me, i jumped down and snuck in close enough to get the license plate. i called the warden and i hope they got him. good luck to everyone thats going!

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Fine deer. Good luck the rest of the season.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Very nice deer congrats.

14. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice looking buck Wil.thx for sharing.

15. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks you guys. i still wanna see pics of all your past kills so post them! i like seein what success other people have had

16. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    That is a nice looking buck! All animals are trophy's. The experience and the meat are the most inportant part of any hunt for me. If I can find a trophy then so be it but I would never pass up a legal buck unless you are fortunate enough to hunt in an area loaded with trophy deer. If anyone has a recipe for antler soup let me know.

17. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    that is a nice deer. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    still havent seen any pics of yalls deer. i dont care when u shot it i just like listenin to stories and seein pics large and small!