Lets see some of your set ups!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Stonybr549, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Stonybr549

Stonybr549 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I purchased a new SeaArk V-Cat 200SC late last summer. This was a big step up from our narrow 16' Weldbuild jon boat!
    We do 95% of our catfishing on a river. Our old boat we could anchor sideways as long as the current wasnt to strong and easily fish 6-8 rods out the downstream sid of the boat. With the new V-Cat about the only way we can anchor is from the front of the boat. I have been trying to come up with some type of a setup that has a bar that spans the width of the boat in the back that I can then fasten rod holders to that will allow us the ability to fish out the back and both sides of the boat. Below are some issues I have with this setup like this:
    1. Dont want it to interfere with the livewell and other storage compartments in the back of the boat.
    2. Needs to be removable so it will be out of the way when we use the boat for crappie fishing.
    3. Needs to keep the ends of the rods close enough for us to be able to see our rods and line with a blacklight after dark.
    Any ideas out there????

2. Stonybr549

Stonybr549 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No one out there have anything like this????

3. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Try doing a search on this forum for" Rod racks" or check out the" Member library".
    Here's the one I made! I have more pics if you'd like to see them.

Attached Files: