Lets hear what is going on the Santee Cooper lakes

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by snooker_hooker, Mar 26, 2006.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    lets hear how you all did on the santee cooper lakes. im at home with a new born.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Nick, this cold snap has everything messed up, maybe in a few days it'll be better, as the weather warms back up. Water temp is down around 56-57 again right now. There isn't a lot of current being pulled through the lakes either, which hurts.

3. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
    my friend went today. he caught shad on the right side by the plant. then he went to the railroad trussel to fish the 20-25 ft deep area there. he was anchored and was fishing the back side of the piles. he got 6 biggest was 23 lbs. he said he threw the baits in the wash out area behind the poles. like i said i cant go but will share any info that i can. hey matt try this area next time. he will be out there tomorrow at 530. war eagle boat.

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    nick was he fishing the river that is the only trussel i know of

5. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
    yes, the diversion canal. by the pinoplous lock. he was there sunday also and got 4. he did not say what the weight was. he did say that the bite was only when the tide was going out.