Lets go Texas Cat People

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by mmuckleroy, Apr 18, 2008.

1. mmuckleroy

mmuckleroy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I check the Texas site Almost everyday. And there are very little action out there!!! I know there are a lot of cat people out there in Texas. Lets` talk more. I fish Livingston & WhiteRock Creek most of the time. But I am interested in any where i Texas. :big_smile_2::0a26:

2. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    The wife and I fished Lake o' Pines today. Wind was terrible!!! I think the turtles stole my bait. Well maybe next time.

3. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I went to Grapevine yesterday. The wind was pretty bad. Caught a few Channel catstwards the marnina.
    T'm heading for lake Lewisville to see if try to catch a few.

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Well don't know about the rest of the state, but here in central part the wind has been so bad lately it's like trying to fish in a hurricane. We're going to hit Bastrop tomorrow, mainly to try learning the new Lowrance DF better and try a new dual hook drift setup. Was on Decker Lake last Sunday, 2 drift socks would only hold the boat to 2+ mph. Picked up another one that should hold an aircraft carrier, we'll see how it goes.

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i will be fishing the whiterock creek area next week. i will be there about thursday for a week. let's get together and at least trade fishing spots. i stay at the campground at westwood shores. 2 weeks ago the catfish were biting, but we had a hard time finding the sand bass.

6. TexDan

TexDan New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have the boat hooked up and am going out in about an hour. I live in Riverside and mostly fish the Trinity north of the hwy 19 bridge and Harmon creek. I also have a lot in Harbor Point though and fish the Caney Creek and White Rock area. My boat stays hooked to my old truck and my wife is well trained so that when I want to go fishing she drives me down to the ramp and drops me in the water. When I get ready to come in I call her and she will come, back the trailer in, and drag me back to the house. There ain't nuthin' finer than a woman that can back up a boat trailer!! I try and fish 3 or 4 times a week in the afternoon and am always interested in new fishin' friends. My boat is comfortable enough for two. It is an old 16' aluminum bass tracker with a 50 merc tricked out for catfishing with rod holders all over the place. I also fish white bass, carp, gar and nearly anything that will make my pole jiggle.

Bass fishing in public water just isn't much fun anymore so I limit my bass fishing to private ponds where you can catch more, bigger and better fish...and eat 'em if you want to. I am also always on the look out for buddies to go pond hopping with. Not many people like to fish as much as I do so I mostly fish alone. I went out day before yesterday and if I told ya about it you would be sure that I was lying!! The stringer in my avater picture would mostly have been thrown back on this trip if that gives you an idea!!

7. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Just got back from Lavon bank fishing... The wind was steady 20-30 mph out of the south, and it seemed like a gale...

No fish, but a nice afternoon with my two middle sons... and my new (to me) Penn Squidder and Jigmaster were great to cast today!

8. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    We fished throw lines in the brazos river last night. Caught 50 somethin cats 3 over 20 pounds and countless ones over 15. Lost a few good fish cause no one wanted to go swimmin' to get the line off of some brush. About an average night down our way. Anyone else havin any luck?

9. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I fished Richland Chambers Saturday and Sunday morning for catfish. I caught 29 cats, most of them blues from 2 to 18 lbs. There are lots of small shad everywhere, and I used the shad and live perch. The bite was slow and I guess it was the end of the cold front on Saturday and a strong wind out of the south Sunday that made it that way. Good trip, Catfishjon

10. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    my friend is going to livingston in the morning and i will be there by thursday morning. we are gonna fish the river channel near outback campground for blues and white rock creek for sandbass. if anyone wants to get together for some fish stories. let me know and we will meet up somewhere in the area.

11. trinityman

trinityman New Member

State:
    texas
    fished the trinity river around dfw sunday morning and caught 3 nice channels around 5 to 6 pounds and to my surprise a alligator snapping turtle about 50 pounds!...i have gotten in the water before or occasions but after seeing that thing...never again....lol....:eek:oooh:

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i am in the panhandle, and 20-30 mph wind is average here. we just fish through it. fished the red a couple weeks ago and caught a 16 pound channel and a bunch of stripers. i fish meredith up here, and mackenzie, palo duro, marvin, and spring creek. the community fishing lakes are my bait spots. fish a lot of live carp and sunfish, and cut shad and carp. i don't think we see a lot of traffic on the texas forum because we are out fishing!

13. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I nust be snake bit today. I fisg fron 8:30 to 12:30 and only caught a sand bass. I fish all the wind blow points using a rattle trap. them i vertical jiging still noting. I did catch one sandy with the rattle trap, but i foweled hooked it:smile2:. Well maybe I can go out again friday. If someone would like to go and teach me hotspots of just make new fishing buds. that fine with me. if weather is permidded I will be in a 26 foot gallaxy red and whitte boat. i have a 80# trusht minn kota trolling motor and 2 fish finders. hope to see someonre out there. if not good luck to all my cat fishing members