Lets Go Eat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jan 30, 2009.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    How many of you wants to go and eat at this place? I saw this sign out in front of a Little bait,restaurant and grocery store in a little town in Illinois. I thought it was rather cute.

Attached Files:

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, I like that, John :smile2: ......something for everybody, for sure!

They might wanna re-think the order of their listing, though... lol :tounge_out:

Thanks for the smiles!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    John,I have found the phrase " DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER" To be true more often in places like that. Funny signs,But usually about the best eating around,next to homemade.:wink:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    they say they leave it like that because it draws a lot of attention.Said it has even been put in a magazine.Don't know which one.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's great John! Thanks for the picture.

Reminds me of a trip my grandparents took to Texas. They drove out there, and on the way Grandaddy saw a l'il roadside place. The sign said "All the orange juice you can drink for 5 cents".

He liked O.J., so he stopped, went in, and plunked a nickel on the counter. The man gave him a tiny juice glass full. Grandaddy drank that down and said he'd like some more. The store clerk said, "That'll be 5 cents please".

"But I already gave you my nickel. This is a little bitty glass, give me a refill please", says Grandaddy.

The clerk said, "I'm sorry sir, but that's all the orange juice you can drink for 5 cents." :smile2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tanya ,Thats worth a rep,But I am gonna have to spread it around first:cool2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    lmao that sound's like something i'd do or say :smile2:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You never cease to make me laugh,I appreciate your post:smile2::tounge_out:Sister Pat