Let's Go Broncos!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chalk up another one...Since 2001....Denver 5, New England 1. The Broncos just have their number. Even though they weren't the team they came to be, I believe Elway was undefeated against the Pats. Going into the Bye week with an impressive victory....Hurrah!

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Bronco's defense is more then impressive this year. What happened to the Pat's ??? Oh yeah Belichek thinks he can put anyone in his system and preform. i think this season will be proof that that is just not going to happen. The Pat's have lost too many key players.

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    that was a good game

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, Plummer shined. How about avoiding the safety and scampering for a 12 yard run and the first down? Or that perfectly timed pass to Walker, giving him the opportunity to split the defenders and take off 80+ yards for the TD? Unfortunately Plummer's receviers had quite a few dropped passes that could have taken the Pats even more out of the game.

5. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Time for Baltimore...is everyone ready?

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, Plummer is really impressive this year. He scrambles out of the most difficult situations that opposing defenses throw at him and he lasers passes through like a rocket. His completion percentage is pretty darn good too! 51 percent, and his touchdown to interception ratio is off the hook! 1:2! One touchdown for every two interceptions he throws. I don't think the Ravens are really all that good, so it shouldn't be hard to beat them, but good luck to your Broncos.:wink:

7. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Uh...Thanks...?

8. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tonight is the night....It's MONDAY!

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    This will be a defensive game for sure, not unless McNair gets some bombs that connect early for big yardage. Plummer has looked horrible all season and the only hope the Broncos have is if they get their running game goin early tighten up the Ravens defense and then get some easier passes for Plummer, but who knows the Ravens might come out blitzing much like the Eagles did last night, and that can either be good for the Denver running game or it can be bad depending on if Bell can break through the first wave of defenders. The Ravens do have the number 1 defense in the league.:eek:oooh:

10. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    It all depends on who makes a mistake tonight. If plumber starts throwing the ball in Raven hands at all goodbye Denver, If Mcnair does the same goodbye Ravens. We'll have to see.

11. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Plummer looked great against New England, and as I recall last year he had a couple terrible games to start the season then they end up going 13-3 and he throws a total of 7 interceptions for the year after what, 4 or 5 after the first 2 games? I'm ready for this, The Ravens D is amazing, but the Broncos have an explosive offense, but only if they can get things rolling, look at a the KC and St Louis game. The Ravens looked better against the chargers, but remember what happened in the Brown's game? Also, don't forget that the Broncos have a terrific Defense as well.

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well the Broncos just knotted it up at three to three.yawn... I knew this would be a defensive battle. Plummer looks horrible just as I predicted and thank god for Tatum Bell, explosive Dmitri, I wouldn't go that far now.:lol: We'll have to see how this one pans out. Plummer needs to not throw the ball. Bad things happen.lol

13. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Ryan,
    There are a couple of things You might not be very familer with.

First...Playing football outside (no cush,cush dome to keep everyone warm and dry). In Denver tonight its currntly 37*, fog/mist, Wind out of the east @ 12MPH, 100% chance of snow. Exactly what some would call football weather.

second....The Ravens have an excellent defensive team. Imagine that, a team thinks it can win, not By scoring 1 million pts a game, but By Punching you in the mouth again and again and again...... Hmmmm....seemed to work pretty well in 2000, Ray Lewis got His ring.

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Jake made a play, Broncos win, pretty good game.

15. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yep, just look at the total yards, wow.

How about Champ Bailey's clutch INT? Then Darrent...Then Dominique! Mike Anderson had some good runs, and I noticed Pryce helping the O-lineman alot when he was on the field. I was wondering when Smith would be getting some TDs. 1 TD in 4 games. The Linebackers are good as always, the D-line is getting plenty better, but the D-backs are growing and learning. They are still anchored by Bailey and Lynch, but now Darrent is starting to shine at number 2. Shanahan said after the game that Darrent could be one of the best corners in the game in 2-3 years if he continues to improve. It used to be, throw the ball to the side that Champ's not on, then once Williams started improving, it was, let's get them in a nickel or dime and throw to whoever Foxworth is on, but now Foxworth is improving and the Denver D is doing great. I wonder how Manning would have felt in that cold....you know, the weather is Foxboro was mentioned in the Top 5 Reasons you can't blame Peyton for not winning the big game. I guess we'll find out at the end of the month...

16. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    both defenses played great and Plummer made the plays late,but how about Denvers Defense,only one touchdown allowed this year.that only the second time in 60 years of the NFL that has been accomplished.Lets go Denver

17. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't forget that the one TD was due to them playing prevent D and allowing Brady to march up the field with short 4-8 yard passes so he couldn't go for the big play and bring them back into the game with plenty of time to go.

18. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Denver's defense is pretty damn good! I fell asleep sometime in the third quarter and didn't see the end but caught the score. 13-3. Denver's linebacking core swarms the ball and is extremely impressive. Hey Brad, I played football in high school and I know all about the elements. I live in Indiana and have played in games where it was 5 degrees and snowing like hell.:crazy: Did anyone on here play football at any level? I'm still being asked to attend Marian College in Indiana to start linebacker. Their football program starts next year but they want me to get a year in of schooling there before I play, I don't know though, I'm almost 24? I'm big enough, but I don't know if I want to commit years to football, basketball was my sport of choice. I went down to Cincinatti on a half ride. (Mt. St. Josephs) in Delhi, Ohio. Being 6'3 and 230 pounds it opens up opportunities for sports.:wink:

19. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I played in Highschool, and the college I plan on attending hasn't had a football team since the late 40s. I went through the rotation, so to speak, lol. Freshman year I played D-end but sometimes when scrimmaging in practice they'd put me in at Safety, no idea why other than the fact that the corners played their normal spots and both 1st and second string safeties were on offense and I was the only one quick enough to play the position that wasn't doing something else, they just let the other Defensive ends and D-tackles get reps in while they were working on offense. On Defense days I'd be up front. So I was mostly a DE as far as games went, but when I'd go in as Tight End I was mainly a blocker. My Sophomore year I got to catch some passes and played DT some. My Junior year the sophomore were oustanding but didn't have enough players to get a good scrimmage in so the juniors would play against them. Other than one of the younger ones getting an ankle broken it was a good time. When the sophomores were practicing Defense, I got moved to Left Tackle when the normal tackle was injured. My Junior and Senior year on Varsity however, I was almost strictly a defensive end. But not the type of D-end you would invision from watching NFL and college games. I'm sure many other highschools do this, but our D-ends are more like OLBs playing up on the line. We would be standing, on the line, but off on the sides a little more than usual DEs. Like OLBs, if it was a run we would either be helping stuff it or in charge of containment so they couldn't break it outside. Every now and then I would drop back into coverage while the true OLB or a MLB would blitz. If a TE, FB, or HB went out into the flats it was my job to cover him. On an option it was my job to knock the living crap out of the option man, whether or not he received the pitch so A) the QB would have to keep the ball and run with it, and B) they would be forced to break it up the middle. So my first 3 years we would run a 5-2 that was essentially a 3-4 with the OLBs moved up more. My Senior year when our only regular season loss was to a team that would play for the state title, we ran a 4-3 and a 4-4 where we had 2 down lineman and 2 defensive ends that were standing. in our loss we allowed 28 points and only scored 21, but in every other game before the playoffs we allowed either 3,6, or 7 points. Now that I have graduated the team plays a 3-5-3 defense with 3 down lineman, 5 linebackers, a safety and 2 corners. I don't know exactly why I went off on this tangent, but Highschool football brings back memories.

20. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    It's all good. I was wondering if anyone actually played, I wonder if Brad played? He doesn't look very big in his avatar, so I wouldn't think that he did.lol: J/K That's a big reason why I follow the NFL so closely. Football and Basketball is in my blood, I won the State basketball championship with Pike High School in Indianapolis in 2000, it was the craziest game I ever played! We played in the RCA Dome where the Colts play. It's good to see other sports players on here, you never know who each other are until you talk like this.