Lets Get Going

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by airforceben, May 12, 2008.

1. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    Where do u nor cal guys want to go next??? ME and Linz were thinking maybe steamboat slough for some striper. Maybe clear lake, folsom lake, port of sac. Knot guilty u should hook up with us to, and anyone else around here. Lets and a plan and lets get going:big_smile::big_smile:

2. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Yeah, sounds like fun Ben. I've fished all those places over the years. Port of sac is OK, but it's hard to get away from all the small cats out there. A big live bait for stripers would be a good alternative. Steamboat or the delta are fun too and offer a variety of fish. I've gotten 8 or 9 cats over the last 20 years out of folsom from 10 to 14 pounds, back in a time when I didn't mind hiking in to the lake to fish. Mainly around the old salmon falls area up the south fork, fishing in the middle of the canyon all summer night long. Clear Lake is a blast but having a boat is a must.

Speaking of Clear Lake, I'm going there again this weekend for the big derby. It's the biggest catfish derby west of the Mississippi. I'm hoping I can represent this year and make all of you California catfishermen proud. The plan is to have the boat on the water by 9am on Friday and fish hardcore nonstop until Sunday morning. Wish me luck. . . .

Hey Robb, are we still on for the Clear Lake Sammy Hagar trip?

3. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Good luck at Clear Lake! I hope you bring in the big one for us Cali boys! This hot weather should bring out the bluegills.....so the live bait action is here. (not at CL of course) but in the delta.
    Linz