lets fish for pigs :)

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by airdrop, Dec 13, 2009.

1. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A friend of mine was saying farmers were coming into his shop complaining about the wild pig problem . Well if thats so why aren't they getting pro-active and putting out the word ( Come save us - our fields need you) but nooooo. LOL if I'd seen an invite I'd sure put down the fishing pole an drop FEW PIGGIES. They breed like rats and you'd have to kill 7 out of 10 of the buggers to keep them in some kind of control. Is'nt winter interesting when the fishing is slow lol.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Those wild hogs are some great table fare. You would think that land owners would open up their land for more hunters to help keep the population under control.
    The fishing has been great, we had a tournament yesterday and we weighed in 129 lbs. and some change. 1st was 159 and 3rd place was 121 lbs. Winter time is the best time to be out there fishing.

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Johnny,
    I talked to Sam yesterday on the phone. Way to go on yall's 129#'s. Let me guess.......he let you catch all those 30's and he caught the 17#?
    Go ahead, tell me how good Sam was with getting that dip net:tounge_out:
    Anyway, congrats.
    I'll be down to Kerr next Tuesday, the 22nd......taking advantage of school being out.

4. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Some of us are fishing for Pigs, and they are in the water right now, what jonny siad fishing is great, i got a 42lb pig in the boat Sunday, along with another 90lbs of fish , consider smaller pigs, but if you get to many wild hogs to handle send them my way, ill skin them dudes out, and have some pow wows

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    ain`t that the state dog over there johnny? man i thought it was agin the law over there to kill a wild pig! lol!

6. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  7. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    hey johnny, have you and sam been catching any fish? how are the tournaments going?

8. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    We've got pigs in our area too, and I've been trying to find some farmers that will let me hunt them.

I'm still trying to learn the winter time fishing, but I do know its good :)