Let Me Tell You Who I Am!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Feb 1, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    First of all I would like to thank all my brothers that support my posts, and say nice things about me. I really appreciate people that appreciate you for who you are. I started fishing at a young age, thanks to some great mentors that thought it was great to take a kid fishing! I was lucky to have some of the best, knowlegable catmen to teach me the ends and outs of this sport. Night after night, it was an educational seminar, and I believe it had a lot to do with my young development to become an adult. I can't even explain how I feel towards these elders for their time and dedication not only towards the sport, but in teaching a young boy how to fish, i thank you! I have a life long passion not only for catfish, but for the outdoors. Every opportunity I get to go I do. I joined this site almost a year ago, being a tenative member at first, seeing the big credentials most new members see I felt a bit intimitidated. I was quickly grabbed up by other members on here, that appreciated my membership. not gonna single you out:wink: you know who you are! great people! As I became more and more comfortable on the site, I decided to try to tell my side of it. My way I fish! I told myself from the get go, tell it as I do it! And what I believe in!!! I understood my way isn't the only or even the best way, but I wanted to tell it my way. Thats what i have been doing for nearly a year now. At no time did I ever say, or put myself on the table as one of the best! And that was never my intentions, but after posting numerous threads, simply trying to help those in wonder, I have been placed there by some! Do I appreciate this? I appreciate those that thank me to help, but not those that want to make me out to be a pro! I am a working man, wife, daughter, and live like most of you! It does bother me when I am placed somewhere that makes me out to be someone I am not!!! Yes, I have caught some great fish and stringers! And maybe some of the best in my area! But, I don't brag, because where I come from...I remember my roots and how I was taught by others! So, I guess what Im getting at here, thank you all for the replys and nice words, and I will continue to tell my story! But, don't hang me out to dry because I do so. Thats not what im about! I honestly get no self satisfaction from the boasting from others, and simply look forward to learning more myself, and meeting the true pros from this site!!! rollo

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    That's what it's all about for me, Jason. I'm here because I enjoy fishing. I don't necessarily do it the way you do, or someone else does. I may not target the same fish you do. But what you know and share may help me with what I want to do. What little I know and share may help you or someone else.
    I didn't have that wonderful opportunity as a youngster that you speak of. I only dreamed of it. If you don't mind, I'll ride along for your experiences any time you want to share them!
    I'll post my little channels and my crappie and talk about the enjoyment I get out of catching them. If ever I lock into a big ole catfish, I hope I get a snapshot to prove it. If not, I'll brag anyway.
    One thing about this place. A lot of ribbing goes on. I'm GUILTY! I like it! Rib me back. Sometimes in picking around, a soft spot is touched. If ever I do that, I apologise. I would never try to hurt anyone. I can tell you wouldn't either.
    Peace brother.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Oh Rollo........ you are my hero!:sweat::sure: Don't jump off that pedestal I put you on.

Just kidding..... Thanks for the informative posts!:wink:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I think both rollo's and anchorpuller's posts here should be put in the "BOC Testimonials" forum. JMHO. I'm glad to know both of y'all, thanks for your contributions to the BOC. :cool2:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i don't know what my computer is doing, i wrote this and it didn't appear, so i wrote a second thread that i see now. this one im viewing from my user cp? if you see the other one, i asked the mods to remove...thanks everyone...rollo

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post Rollo! I look forward to meeting and fishing with you soon!!!:wink::big_smile:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yeah, me too. Take me Flathead fishing ole buddy, ole pal!:smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Rollo for some great post. I look forwad to meeting you one day.Don't let those Henderson boys get to you. I think you and Catfishjohn can teach them a few things.:smile2:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there isn't anyone that can get me down... i am confident in myself for what i do, but i don't like being put out there, or have some say things like i have heard....makes me feel like im misleading in my posts.. i post things to simply help, if that makes me sound pro. then whatever, but I only ask you to be reasonable, and consider my posts as helpful. not for self gain or to act like someone im not...rollo

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I think you do a fine job of putting out info Rollo. You know stuff that will help any new member, and other things that can help those that have been doing it awhile. Keep it up, if more of the folks on here posted such useful catfishing info there'd be no place for the cats to hide.

P.S. I'm still gonna rib ya LOL.

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rollo. if you worried half as much about your boat leaking as you do about what peoples opinions are, you would never get in it! lol
    Life is like being thrown in deep water. you either sink or swim. If you make it to shore it's not a requirement to explain how you got there. It's good enough that you did! Piece brother........:cool2:

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I for one appreciate any tip of information i mite gather, from you or any of the other people here. Also , i ENJOY the since of humor. keep on writing Rollo, it's worth readin.

13. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rollo, you bein J Dubya's arch nemisis, makes you my hero ol buddy! Keep a postin brother, you crack me up!

14. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    one of the best posts ive seen,anywhere,ever.fishing is more than just"fishing".fishing helped me know my grandfathers,brought my father and i closer,created a unbreakable bond with my children and ive made some friends for life.thanks for doing what you do rollo.great post.

15. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Well said Jason,i also grew up in a fishing and hunting enviroment,and i thank my dad and i quess if i have too my older brother for the experiences they shared with me.Now ive passed them to my son that wont quit askin to go huntin or catin every wakin minute..guess ive spoiled him on nature but im happy hes a nature nut and wants to hang out with pops,hes 18 and loves to hunt and fish,i cant get him to get married and move out,lol,i love hangin out with though but him and about 6 of his buds all want to pile up in the boat and go fishin all night,man imtoo old for that lol.thanx Jason for ya post and will lookin for more,im never too old to learn!!!

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm just gonna toss this out here cause I know Rollo and have fished with him this past year. I have also had many conversations on the phone with him since he decided to start contributing last year.

He has near 20 years experience fishing for flatheads, which translates into a ton of information that has now found an audience. He has never once said he is the best or smartest catfisherman. He has never bragged that he could do better than anyone else except aginst Flathunter and DH lol. And thats just funnin around with friends.

What he does do is start threads that give useful information for our newest members and gets the rest of us thinking and posting our insights right along with him. That's what I thought this place was about. Someone has to start the ball rolling, just to get the rest of us with something to add to post what we know. I don't start many threads anymore but I have knowledge to share. Just like most of you do, all we need is an opening and a good question. Rollo does both for us. Gives us the questions new guys need to ask but don't know to yet, and the rest of us get to chime in our 2 cents lol.

I know for a fact that I'm a better flathead fisherman than him, just ask LOL. He's fourth or sixth on the list.

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well skip, you pretty much hit the nail straight on brother. but feel free to edit or erase the last line:smile2::wink:, thanks everyone for the nice words, i just felt like i needed to tell all of you what im about and my view on this.. i appreciate all of you and the input you share we me and everyone also. Just a FYI to help a brother out!!!! Sorry Skip, but you deserve it!! LOL....skip is reaching 1800 posts which is a milestone... so stop by the boc milestones and drop some nice words to him:eek:oooh::smile2::roll_eyes: rollo

18. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Rollo i apprecaite all the informative post you put up on here. Now if it would just warm up so i can use some new techniques :wink:

19. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I like you Rollo even if no body else dont!!!:wink::big_smile:

20. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I enjoy reading your post Rollo. I try to take a little information from everyone and apply it to my fishing experiences. Some of the stuff on here is really good info. Thanks for posting.