Let me tell you about WylieCat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tatersalad, Jul 15, 2006.

1. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I met WylieCat, in person, about a month ago throught the BOC. He took me fishing, in a tournament, and that's where we met. We have been fishing since, and I really got the feeling he is a great guy.

Last night:
    WylieCat sent me an email yesterday afternoon about fishing last night. I called him and let him know I'd love to fish, but it would have to be a short night since I had to get up early this morning and take Boog (step-son) to take his GED. He said that was cool, and we planned on meeting. I decided to take a chance and asked if it was okay if I brought Boog.

Let me explain. I feel funny if I even feel like I am asking someone to take me out on their boat. I just don't like asking folks for stuff.

WylieCat says 'Sure, bring him'. So I called Boog (who hasn't even ever been on a boat), and told him to be ready when I got home from work.

We got to the landing a little early to try and catch some gills for bait, and then met up with WylieCat. From the moment we got on the boat, until we said goodbye, WylieCat treated Boog like an old friend (as he has me), and put him on some fish. I was very proud when Boog looked WylieCat in the eye, shook his hand, and thanked him.

WylieCat would probably rather I not have done this big send up of him. I just wanted all of you know the kind of brother we have in him.

Thanks WC

2. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Sounds like WylieCat is one great guy. Sometimes greatness comes from doing to others as we would have them do to us. Good post

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Dieter.....Haven't had the chance to go fishing with you yet, but I still have to agree with Pete that you're "my kind of brother". So glad you guys had a good time! :smile2:

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Are you going to be able to make to the Lake Wylie get together?

5. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    It is good to give prase to someone for doing something nice or going out of there way to show you a good time. Thanks for sharing. Rep your way

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Pete.....No, the Catgirl isn't going to be able to make that one:sad2:. Wish I could though, maybe next time. Wylie with WylieCat, tatersalad, and the rest of the BOC brotherhood in the area.....now what could be more fun than that?:big_smile:

7. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I tell you what, I can't wait to meet as many more of the brotherhood as i can. Everyone I've talked to has just been a super person.

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    The old saying: "First impressions are lasting impressions" always seems to hold true for me. I haven't met anyone so far from the boc who hasn't lived up my expectations. Great Folks!!!!
    Dieter, you know you now have to make arrangements to carry most of the members on a trip. :big_smile:

9. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I'm starting to think I should have thought this out more..........

:crazy:

10. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great post Pete,I enjoy reading what other brothers do. WylieCat is a heck of a brother and deserves all the thanks he gets for being a great brother and friend...

11. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Heck ,I think I'll set-up a trip with Wyliecat, just to see if he can catch a catfish, He says he can , we'll see. Dieter, I'm just kidding Brother, I'll See ya on Wylie.........:haha: :big_smile_2: :0a28: :0a22: :0a23: :0a36:

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Just Look in the mirror!peewee-williams

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have met and fished with many members on the BOC, and I have to say, I have never felt looked down on or felt slighted in any way shape or form. Wyliecat is just one more example of the meaning of brotherhood!!!

14. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Deiter this is a much deserved pat on the back for you. You're a good guy, and good guys deserve to get the credit for being like that. You're a fine representitive of the BOC in my oppinion. It's too bad you can't fish a lick. JUST KIDDING. Keep it up.

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It is great to hear stories about how great BOC brothers and sisters are. We have a great bunch of people on this site. Sounds like he is definatly one of em.

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Brotherhood is the key word for this site and an accurate one at that. I enjoy hearing stories like that and look foward to meeting some of the local guys soon.