Let me brag a bit?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by JAinSC, Jan 11, 2008.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If you don't mind my bragging a bit:

Looking back on my flathead fishing for the 2007 season, I thought I'd share my results for the year.

I made 11 trips this past year where I specifically target flatheads, and caught 35 of them.

Of the 35 flatheads, I got a 55, 52, 50 and two 45 pound fish. Also 4 fish in the 30's and only 2 fish in the 20's. That leaves the majority of the fish less than 20 pounds (future monsters, with luck).

My goals for 2008: catch even bigger fish (duh!) and explore the fishery and try to catch flatheads on the Cooper River. I know there's a good population in the Cooper and they are closer to home than the Edisto and Santee.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like a right nice year, Congrats!
    R.

3. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Great job!!!! I can only hope to have that good of a year in 2008.

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    wow great job thats a average of 3 flatheads per trip thats awsome !!!!!! :wink: thats alot of excitment and memories best wishes for 2008:big_smile:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats some great numbers. Hope 08 is even better.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on a great year of flatheads and memories :cool2:. :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats John! :big_smile: That is some impressive numbers for the amount of times out! :cool2:

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    John, That's an average to be proud of. Plus the 50lbers. You must have something figured out to catch that many on only 11 trips. What's your favorite water? Lakes or Rivers? What are you doing the rest of us aren't? LOL

Good luck this year!

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    John, you had a super good year, by anyone's standards. I was fortunate to go along on one trip with you, and I would have to say that preparation and dedication are the keys. You were prepared for, and targeting the flatheads, from bait to tackle. Knowledge of the area you fish is another important factor. I'm not at all surprised that you racked up the numbers you did, and I feel sure you will meet your new goals, as well.

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I wish I had 11 trips like that! Sounds like a great year hope this next one is even better for ya..:wink:

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    John, I thought I had a good season last year, but your numbers blew me away...You must be a very good flathead fisherman, with some very productive waters.

12. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Congrats on a very good year.

13. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, sounds like a GREAT year!!! :wink:

14. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks everyone for the congratulations!

I am fishing the Edisto and Santee Rivers here in coastal SC (only my first full season on the Santee - lots of potential there for sure!). To be honest, I believe that a lot of my success came just because they hold a lot of flatheads - just good productive fisheries.

Other than that, it's just a matter of being prepared with solid tackle and good baits, moving until I find fish, and putting in the time.

Thanks again for the kind words!!

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    John,

First, I would like to congratulate you on your fantastic year of flathunting. Many of us go the year with a 40 and even 30. Putting up numbers like that is very admirable.

Second, i would like to thank you for all you post, repost, and help you've given me if not all here on the board. Thans for your quick responses via PMs. If I had a question, I always knew you would help, promptly I must add.

Good luck in 08 and I look forward to you 60.

16. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Man for only 11 trips out I could only wish for a year like that. Congrats on the awesome 2007 season. Let us know how 2008 goes for ya.:wink::cool2:

17. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Congrats on the great year John. I always enjoy reading your detailed fishing reports. Good luck in 2008!

18. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    What a year... Congrats!
    Those are some impressive numbers...
    :0a1:

19. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    That's a great average!!! And there aint no two ways about it!! That to me is where a guy can step back and say luck has little to nothing to do with it. It's all about a skill set & consistancy. Keep up the good work.:cool2:

J

20. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    u r the man all mighty flat master hope 08 is better for u :cool2: