Let me ask all of you

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BILLYP, Jan 12, 2007.

1. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    This one guy that I know has left his fishing rods in my shed for almost a year now. He wont go fishing because his girlfreind means more to him than fishing. Can I use his poles? Or would that be wrong. They are brand new only been used once and dropped twice.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would use them, if I needed to. Since in Ohio I can only use 2 at a time I have pleanty that I can use. I would let him know tho unless he wants to come pick them up.

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    See ive told him for the past 3 months to come get them if he wanted them and he hasnt. I have 14 of my own but I really want to use his, there is one that is 8' lightning rod with a Abu reel. So sweet and smooth.

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well tell him you want to use them. Besides you told him to come and get them and he hasn't. I would use them then. That's my opinion.

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Id use them in a heartbeat, particuarly after you told him to come pick them up.

Wheelmobile07

6. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I think that im useing them this weekend under some powerlines on the Cape Fear.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Billy, I'd still ask him first... just cuz. Like what if a gigantic fish pulls that shiny new lightning rod under the water and you can't get it back?
    lol... sorry for worst case scenario... but I'd ask; just my opinion. He might be lovestruck, but a friendship is too valuable to risk bustin it up over a fishin pole.
    Good luck!

8. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Yeah that is true. I think im going to call him tonight.
    If he answers then i wont use them.
    If he doesnt and doesnt return my call by Sunday Morning, they are getting used.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have 16 rod and reels that I own in my garage. Agood friend keeps 5 of his in my garage and one of my brothers keeps 4 of his in the garage. I use any and all of them as loaners when 3 or 4 of us go fishing. But I also keep fresh line on them and keep them oiled and cleaned and ready to use. Also use them with the understanding that if anything breaks or if one of them were to get lost while I am using them then I will fix or replace them.

10. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Billy,
    Here is what I would do.
    You didn't say this guy is your best friend but apparently you know him well or else you wouldn't have let him leave his rods at your house.
    Anyway here is the plan.
    The next time you go fishing and catch a good mess of fish have someone take pictures of you and all the nice fish and his rods and reels show him the pictures and tell him that the rods and reels did a very nice job even if you didn't use his reels tell him that any way.
    Oh by the way I wouldn't use his rods unless he moved out of town or somthing.
    Good luck!

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ask first it might save you money and a friendship. You already stated that you had several rigs of your own. If you treat him right those rods/reels may be yours someday. Just thinking ahead.:wink:

12. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    hey billy ,,,, just how big an ole boy is this friend of yours ..........:roll_eyes:

13. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    He met a girl! Right his obituary and the poles my friend, Nobody knows anything. LOL

14. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    all i can say is your buddy just lost some rods..lol...

15. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    When you call him to ask if he minds you using his poles, suggest he finds a new girl that fishes.:big_smile:

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I consulted the square table for the man rules and Burt and the guys say no....we have to protect each others stuff from the women. The only exemption is beer, and only if it's getting ready to go flat.(over 100 days)
    You know damn well he's gonna need those poles when he gets married.
    :smile2:

17. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Go ahead and use thenm as if they were yours. Put new line on and all. If and when he comes to get them, let him have them and enjoy the fact that you had the opportunity. If he never comes to retrieve them, keep using them and consider them yours.

Any one who allows another person to come between them and fishing does not deserve the gear anyways.

Of course, my wife fishes with me during the warmer times.:cool2:

18. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    MAN RULE?

Definitely MAN RULE!

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm affraid I'd have to say the next time I spoke to him, "WHAT RODS"

20. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Yup, Man rules. Code of conduct. Be the same thing if he ask ya to keep em as he's going thru a divorce from too much fishing...got to protect the stuff from the women. He's got two, would mean she gets one of em. Since he's in the pre-nuptual stage, same deal. He can't fish right now till after the "I do's"....then he'll have to go fishing to get any peace. Yer job as his buddy is to help em out till he's of his right mind. Only way any of us make it.....are you not married ? Or do you drink wine and eat french or what.....can't beleive ya ain't at least a little familiar with the "Man Rules".
    :big_smile:
    If he isn't a buddy, then fish away. He was stupid for leaving em with ya.