LEST WE FORGET...Memorial Day 2008

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cathooker, May 24, 2008.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Memorial Day......what does it mean to you???? Hot dogs, a swim at the lake, backyard bbq???? When you are enjoying yourselves this weekend take a moment to remember that you are able to do this because millions of men and women sacrificed themselves for the ideals of Democracy. None of them wanted to die but they did so willingly in the defense of what they believed in. This country may not be perfect and we bitch all the time about our government. Go live in a third world country for just 6 months and then come tell me how screwed up The USA is. We should all get down on our knees and thank God that for those people. I am truly saddened because soooo many young people do not have a clue nor could care less about the true meaning of Memorial Day.

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!!! HONOR THEM!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great post Alan!

A lot of young people today think it's just another holiday to get drunk or smoke dope.
    Agree, they care even less.

Attached Files:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Most young Americans don`t know the true meaning of any of the holidays, great post Alan we can never forget those who lost their lives for our great country.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    GOD Bless all of those who made the ultimate sacrafice for Freedom. Also their families who paid equally.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with you we always need to remember the ones that died fighting to make this country free, I didnt go camping and stuff, but im going to go visit some of my friends graves and stuff, I know I have 5 friends that I have been close to in school and once we got out that has past, plus I will probably go visit my grandma's graves and a bunch of families.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i make mem.day decarations at 3 cemetarys and i always take extra flowers for the graves of the soldiers there.i even put flowers on the graves of civil war vets.grave no matter what side they were on.

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    God Bless all those who are serving and who have served. I thank you!

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Its a time to remember what those who served did. I like to attend a ceremony where the names of deceased veterans are read. I remember it since I was little. It made a big impression on me, and it was easy to remember when it was gonna be cause it was always near the end of school and summer vacation began.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I dont forget, My pops spent 4 years in India during WWII and lost 3 brothers, another became a drunk because he had more shrapnel weight than liver. I was planning on attending the Memorial in my area this year but have to work. Aint a day that goes by that I dont give a thought to the fighters.