less than 48 hours...

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Sasquatch_24, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    until dove season!!!

dove season starts on labor day for us coloradans so im gonna get up at the butt crack of dawn on monday and see if i can shoot a few. REALLY excited. ill post my results on tuesday

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well how about those results Mike?:big_smile:

I didnt get to hunt opeing day but I hunted a public field here in SC and it was my best hunt ever. It started at 12pm and I havent even pulled the trigger until 1:15 and had my 15 bird limit with 22 shots by 2:30. By far my best showing in the bird field and man was it fun. I am going to cook some on the grill tommorow night and maybe fry a few.:big_smile:

3. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    i ended up only shooting one bird all day. there were so many hunters i seriously almost got shot. there was nearly no land to hunt just because of hunter density. it wasnt a very good opening day.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sorry to hear that. give it a week or so and then head back out after all the early birds are discouraged. that's what we do for quail on public land, and it usually works pretty good!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats darn good,James Do you shoot trap all summer or did ya just get lucky :wink: