Lesner vs Couture! UFC 91

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Larry Beever, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    This fight is no doubt going to get the attention of every MMA fan. The current betting odds have Couture barely ahead. It's been said that UFC 91 is going to be the biggest event
    ever for the UFC. (Go figure)

I think most of us here will predict that Couture will win. But what do you guys predict
    will actually happen? I think Brock will do
    his best early on to take Randy to the ground and try to pound him out. But, I think Randy
    will weather through it and that's when I think Brock is in trouble! As big as he is,I think
    he will wear himself out trying to bulldog Randy. And then I think Randy will show the
    skills of a Champion and pound him out!

2. raildan

raildan New Member

State:
    ca
    could'nt agree more larry on the way the fight is going to go,and the outcome.
    :cool2:.

3. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    IMO Lesner has a very small chance to be the winner. Not that he is a bad fighter, I think Randy is just that good, remember his fight against Silva? another big guy and Randy took him to school, I see him doing the same to Lesner.

I also think that Lesner can be a hell of a fighter is he improves his ground skills, we know he can punch but his gound game is lacking very much, he does not seem to know how/what to do when he takes the opponents to the ground and that may have work with other guys but against Randy he better do something or he will pay for it.

Who else is fighting in that card?

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    As much of a disappointment that this fight is (in my opinion), I say that Randy will handle Brock the same way he has with other big guys. Once this nonsense is over then Randy can focus on someone who really deserves to fight him... FEDOR!

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    lesnar needs to vastly improve his ground skills that is obvious. but he is fairly new to all of this and that will come in time. he seems to be one of those people that when they put their mind to something they get results. but that time is not now and he at this point only has a punchers chance of beating randy. unless randy comes into this with an injury or totally loses focus on the task at hand he will school lesnar. but like i said it only takes one punch to end a fight so he needs to stay sharp as lesnar does throw some wicked bombs. stranger things have happened in mma. do i think lesnar deserves this match? no i don't. but he is marketable now and if randy beats him it opens the door to a fight with fedor.

6. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

you are right about Lesner being fairly new at MMA fighting, he can definatly learn and be better. I also agree with the one punch comment, stranger things have happened in the UFC.

7. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well, as I usually have been doing, it I am looking more forward to one of the fights on the card more than the main event. Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson...

This will be a really good fight! My prediction though...Joe Stevenson has a tendancy to cut really easily. Kenny Florian has some deadly elbows. Fight stopped due to a cut over Stevenson's eye (left or right take your pick). Florian moves on to a title match against BJ Penn after Penn's match with GSP.

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I see Randy taking it by submission. Though like others have said with Brocks power it might only take one punch. I dont think he deserves this fight yet but its probably one of the biggest fights of the year.

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Well ill go against the grain and predict Brock for the win by pounding randy out early in second round.:eek:oooh:

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is bold. But I wouldn't pass out if it happened. Brock is a very strong guy. But Randy is a fighter, he will make Brock do his thing, get him tired and take him down.IMO

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont see Brock being able to keep Randy down long enough to pound him. I would really love to this match go to the ground but I would guess that Randy will probably try to keep it standing. Randy was able to bang out on the feet against Sylvia so I know he'll be able to handle himself there. I predict Brock getting tired and Randy turning it on at that point.

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    lesner wont tired out in 3 five minute rounds .

Im taking lesner to win . say what you feel you must .

13. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I like Randy in this fight. But I also think he has to try and stay on his feet for the first half of the fight at least. Have to remember that Lesnar was a world class grappler throughout his college days. If Randy goes to the mat early, or Brock gets him there early, then Lesnar will have the size and endurance to keep him there. I think Randy might find paydirt in Lesnar's chin. Randy can throw some bombs himself.

14. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I say that Randy will keep on the feet the first round and throw some leather. But the second round I see Brock gasin out getting taken down and submitted or knocked out. As long as Randy doesn't get caught with that big right that heath caught on the chin, he will win this without a dought.

15. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am hoping Randy will win...He's much more experienced and tough as nails...but I just hope he can weather the big punches and smothering weight of Lesnar. I don't think Lesnar will tire so Randy needs to win with technique and avoiding the skull crushers.... Come on Randy!!!!

16. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    We will find out very soon ! Im excited

17. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    well is it over yet? i cant watch it my tv is busted!! :crazy:

18. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Yes its over and Brock is the new champ !

19. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    well i said he had a punchers chance and he made good on his chance.