Lesnar

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Mike81, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That fight wasn't too exciting for me... but unless someone can catch him with a submission, like Mir did, I don't know who the helk could possibly punch or wrestle with him....he's too powerful. How bout match him up with Randy Couture...that's the only person I can think of that could challenge him.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    So I take it that he beat Herring?

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Yes, he beat him. He landed one hell of a cinder block punch to start off the fight. :crazy: Props to Herring for surviving a hit like that. lol And then Lesnar pretty much just controlled him with his brute strength and size the rest of the fight. Definitely the wrestling back ground was in the game. I'm far from being a Lesnar fan at this point though. :roll_eyes: Hope they don't let to many of those giant WWE "fighters" into the UFC.

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Don`t you have to show them that you possess some skills before fighting in the UFC ??? I don`t think there are many WWE guys who can actually fight. LOL !!!

5. wildhunter066

wildhunter066 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I think that if lesner puts together some more skills he will be real dangerous. He was in a lot of dominate positions that he didnt do a lot with. Puut him in with another jujitzu guy and he will get beat again till he learns a few more skills. Great fight though that first punch would have k ocked down a concrete wall!!!!!!

6. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You cant forget about Fedor, he would be way too much for brock though.

7. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree 100%!! A guy like Nogiuera would pull out a win over Brock with a submission.

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't seen this recent fight yet. I saw his first fight with Mir, and feared for Frank's life lmao. Experience prevailed, and Lesnar was defeated. I was happy for Frank.

Anyways, this is what I like about Lesnar: He was a national collegiate wrestling champion. Went as far as he could in that sport, and turned to pro wrestling for a career. Got bored with the scripted routine of a phony sport, and decided to make it real. He wants to be a fighter...a real fighter, and wants to be champ. Win or lose, more power to him, and kudos to him for dumping that circus sport.

9. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    dont watch much ufc

dont watch much wwe either (cable just do darn high for what you get)

BUT when lesner was on wwe i hated him he was a arrogant azz and just totally a loser!!! he left a bad taste in my mouth

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I never saw him on WWE. I don't watch pro wrestling. I found it kinda odd that he actually presents himself in a respectable, humble manner in the UFC. Especially after he learned he could be defeated. :smile2:

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    IF the UFC (and that's a huge if) would make him EARN his way up the heavy weight chain, Brock would most likely get a few more losses to his record. I really do like him as a fighter but I think that because his name draws more money, he gets more shots than other fighters who have been around alot longer. Let Brock go at it with Jeff Monson! That would be a really good fight!! Or even Gonzaga...

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    He's a big dude with powerful punches and mad wrestling skills but I am having a hard time being a big fan cause he still seems a little arrogant to me....but guess if I was that big, kickin butts and going home to Sable in the bed I'd probably be an arrogant a$$ too.....lol :wink::smile2:

13. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I think it's great having Lesner in the UFC.
    They say that he walked away from a lot of
    money with pro wrestling to do so. I think his
    heart is truely into it. And he has certainly
    raised the excitement level in the UFC. All he's lacking is MMA experience and technique,
    but I'm sure he'll only improve as time goes by. Not a big lesner fan myself, but I'm looking forward to seeing his progress. I'm sure we're going to see some good fights!

14. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Who do you guys see as being good competition for Lesner? I mentioned already that I would love to see him and Monson go at it due to the fact that Moson is a world class grappler. He's also very strong so I would see that fight easily going to the ground. I'd also like to see him fight Randy!

15. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama

Wonder how a fight between him and Tim Silva would be??

16. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I personally think that Brock would put a whoopin on Tim. Tim would do everything that he can to keep it standing up but as Randy showed, an elite wrestler can get his takedown on Tim and go from there.

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'd have to agree with that. It would be hard for Tim to pull of a "safe" win with someone of Lesnar's size.

18. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Hmmm,Good question! I think this question should have been
    a seperate post. Reguardless, I think there are several guys who would or could put the smackdown on lesner. Nogeura is one, Monsun is
    another, and IMO fedor is a given! I feel sure that if Lesner and Randy were to be matched up
    Lesner would do his best to take him to the ground and count on ground and pound. I'd be
    on edge if that fight took place. I don't think
    I could bear seeing Randy being pounded by a guy so big and I fear that might be what would
    happen. But.... With Randy you never know!

19. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Everytime that I counted Randy out he always pulled out the win. So I wouldnt want to bet money against him. Who knows when his last fight will go though....If he was to fight Brock, I wonder if he would be able to stuff Brock's take downs?:eek:oooh:

20. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I think "the old" Arlovski would knock Lesnar cold:wink: I think he might make a comeback