Les Miles...A tiger fan's view

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by dahoss2002, Nov 18, 2007.

1. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ive been listening to and watching LSU football almost 40 years now and have seen some very lean years. The talk of Miles going to Michigan could not come at a worse time for our team. We have one regular conference game, SEC championship game, and a Bowl game left. If we win the next 2 games, the bowl game will be the BCS championship. With all this at stake, Michigan needs a coach and Les is........prolly gonna go cuz he played and coached as an assistant there. All this is hard on Les and the team but hopefully they can focus on the next 6 weeks for the LSU Tigers.
    All that being said, I think Les is a great coach and wish him the best no matter what he decides. Alot of fans dont give him very much credit because he inherited a strong program that Saban had built up. Ive watched and listened to him. He's a great motivator and the kids really look up to him. He's very intense, dont just squat and pick grass like some coaches I've seen.
    So Les, I appreciate everything you've done for LSU . Lets win our next 3 games and hope you are our coach for years to come. So one more time............laissez le bon temps roulet! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My opinion is that Mr Miles don't always speak with one tongue, but sometimes with a forked tongue. If you remember when Miles was hired, he danced around Oklahoma State saying he wasn't going to LSU, he wasn't interested, and he stayed to coach their bowl game... by golly, he had all ready signed the contract to go to LSU. Now this I would say is not a very truthful statement, and by association, he is not a very truthful person. I think the Michigan coach kinda spiked his wagon too. LOL

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Well don't forget LSU made Miles sign a clause in his contract specifically saying if he jets for "Michigan" he has to pay over a million bucks. Granted would Michigan front this if they really want him...probably. Now for my sakes..I hope not and Miles stays. Why...because if Miles goes to Michigan that gives LSU the ability to bump up Bo Pelini to head coach.

I want Pelini as Nebraska's next head coach...after Tom Osborne fires Callahan and Co.

Later
    SudDawg

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Very good point, Shane. I think you need someone like Franconie or Morris. LOL. Sorry, but we gotta play you. Want you to have a chance, but not that good of a chance. LOL

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Still hoping for Pelini...praying to college football gods....

BTW...I'm dissapointed in Oklahoma. Granted Tech isn't a bad team by any means, but it would of all but guaranteed a Big 12 team in the National Championship game. Now pretty much Kansas wins all out or Missouri manages to slip in after winning all out.

How sweet would it be to see Kansas vs. LSU. :big_smile:

Suddawg

6. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I hope yall get Pelini. Great guy but honestly, our defense aint been the same since Saban Left. Not hating on Bo though. He's done a fine job.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Les Miles..... aaahhhhhh..... if the guy's mouth is moving, he's lying. I don't know how many times he told the media that he wasn't interested in the LSU job, and he wasn't leaving OSU. Blah blah blah, the guy is a low-class liar. If he's denying interest in the Michigan job, then he's probably leaving. I have absolutely no respect for the guy.

He has a very difficult time keeping his foot out of his mouth, he'll say something stupid just nearly everytime they stick a mike in front of him. Makes for good entertainment, at least.

8. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    most of the coaches are just using the school they are at to look for a few more bucks. chasing the almighty dollar makes all of them lie. they make rules that don't let the players work to earn money, but the coach can leave any time for money.

9. suddawg

suddawg New Member

The thing is that when he had his one season at Nebraska, he had the defense playing with so much emotion and drive that the players would of done anything for him.

To me that's what college football is a lot about. Yes they need skill, talent, yet heart, emotion, and fire are such intangibles that a lot of coaches can't seem to get out of their players.

SudDawg

10. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with you Shane. Actually both Pelini and Miles seem to motivate the players well and thats what its all about. I think our 03 defense under Saban just "jelled" at the right time. Lotsa pro players from that squad. I like Pelini but I dont think he will be offered the job if Miles does leave.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think OU had a winning combination when Bo was there. They can't defend a pass right now with a shotgun.

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Every where Bo has been his defenses have been great. He's ready to be a
    1-A head coach IMO.

SudDawg