Les driving lights

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Travisg, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Travisg

Travisg New Member

State:
    Nc
    I wanted to see what yalls opinions are on what brand, watt etc. on led driving lights. Right now I have lightforce 100 watt 240mm driving lights but they pull bout 8 amps each and I want something easier on the batteries! Thanks

2. Travisg

Travisg New Member

State:
    Nc
    LED damn autocorrect

3. Gobob

Gobob Member

State:
    Il
    Check your local laws most only allow you to use the loading unloading the boat and while cruzin. Any led light that fits where you want it will be fine War eagle sells them and they have a guard around them to help protect them from breakage

emc2977 likes this.
  4. Gobob

Gobob Member

State:
    Il
    This is my duck/ cat boat I put these bad boys on it I ended up taking 1 off and put it in the middle. It was a bit to much light lol

Attached Files:

prlwng, SteveMcK and Catpaw like this.
  5. SteveMcK

SteveMcK Active Member

State:
    MS
    Name:
    Steve
    That's some serious light!

6. chadinsc

chadinsc Well-Known Member

State:
    upstate sc
    Name:
    Chad
    435AD03A-8D0C-4062-9C26-46C659ACD2E8.jpeg i have a rigid e series 10 inch on the front of my boat. is extremely bright and if there is no fog on water you can see probably a mile on buoys. can see floating trees and logs a good ways off also. there expensive but made in usa and lifetime warranty.

muskyman likes this.
  7. frevman

frevman Active Member

State:
    illinois
    Name:
    put first name
    I put a eBay light bar on mine last year. Works almost too good. Lights up the bugs and fog so well that seeing the river can be difficult.
    But you can see the reflectors on channel marker cans a mile down river. That's helps.

8. Silverthread

Silverthread New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Name:
    Allen
    Nice view of jocassee

chadinsc likes this.
  9. JByrd

JByrd Active Member

State:
    S.C.
    Name:
    Thomas D Price
    Boy, they are expensive, $270 to $370. I just have a couple of LED like tractor lights for $15.

chadinsc likes this.
  10. JByrd

JByrd Active Member

State:
    S.C.
    Name:
    Thomas D Price
    Not only duck and cat boat, looks like a deer boat too.

chadinsc likes this.
  11. chadinsc

chadinsc Well-Known Member

State:
    upstate sc
    Name:
    Chad
    good eye silverthread that is jocassee at white water near bad creek. you from the area? i got the light bar on amazon for a good price. paid $139 but as soon as i bought it it went right back up to $349. yeah i use my boat year round hunten and fishen got a good buck at jocasee this year. got the week off work this year to bear hunt the lake. never been duck hunting but would like to try it. 1FE02BC2-1733-49D7-8667-7668455DC123.jpeg

SteveMcK likes this.