Lemon Shark recipes?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by veryama1975, Apr 27, 2008.

1. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Hi all,

I just got back from Florida last night. Seacatfish gave me a 3ft lemon shark to take back with me. I have cut it up into steaks about 1inch thick.

Somebody I talked to while I was in Florida said he likes to leave the skin on until it's cooked because it helps hold the meat together & comes off a lot easier after cooking.

I figure I would fry them up the same way I do catfish: soak them overnight in saltwater, then roll em in flour & fry em up with salt, pepper, & maybe a little garlic powder.

If anybody knows of a better/tastier way to fry up my shark steaks that wouldn't be too difficult for a novice cook, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.

P.S. It's a lemon shark but I don't really like lemons (the fruit not the shark).

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Matt,I have never cooked or eaten shark. I have grilled fresh Tuna steaks tho and They are great.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Matt, I love shark steaks, but I wouldn't fry them if I were you. Grilling is the way to go with these, imo. The seasonings you mentioned sound fine though. Maybe throw a few herbs on 'em as well. :wink:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i agree. i would not fry shark either. i eat blacktip alot. its by far some of the best eating fish ive ate.

i place a drizzle (1/2) spoon of olive oil or butter in a skillet or griddle and shake some lemon pepper or close seasoning on it and grill till lightly brown and firm. if you dont like lemons you dont need to but i squeeze a bit of lemon juice on my shark after it comes off heat.

maybe im wrong but i wouldnt fry it.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shark broiled with white wine

shark steaks
    2 cups white wine
    salt
    1tb chopped fresh tarragon leaves

put steaks in shallow baking dish. pour in enough wine to come up 1/2 way up the side of dish. then pour off into sauce pan to heat as you pre heat brioler.
    salt steak lightly, pour the hot wine around them, and broil as close to heat as possible for 12 min. test to see that it is cooked through. sprinkle fresh terrogn on top if you like. (dry is to over powering for this recipe).