Leiber SRA/Cataract

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The wife and I ventured over to Cataract today for some lake fishing. The lake is 40' above pool right now and is a mess! Yup, I said 40'! You could see in the treeline where it had dropped about 8', they are releasing enough to drop about 1' a day to get back to pool. All kinds of trash and debri floating around, I was amazed at how many fools there were skiing and tubing with all that crap floating around. How would a landscaping timber or 6" diameter tree branch feel at 40 mph? OUCH! They only had 1 ramp open (through the main park entrance off of SR42) and we had to launch from the road, one at a time, waiting our turn on top the hill. One comes out, one goes down. LMAO, it was a real mess. Pleasure boaters dont have a clue how to clear a ramp in a reasonable amount of time. They have to tie up the ramp deflating their floaty toys while 25 trailered rigs wait their turn atop the hill to launch or load.
    Fishing was usless, scattered through all the flooded timber, or deep. We tried to get the gills to hit on crawlers and beetlespins. No luck. I thought it was awful wierd that we were the only folks fishing on the whole lake, literally! I was bummed, was hoping to stock up on gills to keep for cat bait. Oh well. I would avoid Cataract for a while. Later all. WRB

2. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey barry i,m surprised you folks didnt go to staughton and fish the strip pits or to clay city and hit those strip pits. that,s where we hit on the way to the bash for freash gills

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We usually hit the pits between Dugger & Sullivan. We were bored and looking for some new scenery, go figure. :confused2: