Lehigh river

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Scott Daw, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Anyone here fish the Lehigh river?

2. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I fish from Bethlehem down to Easton where it dumps into the Delaware.Also I fish the Delaware from Easton up to Martins Creek at the PP&L Power Plant at the warm water discharge area!:) I also fish the canals,got some great fish there also!

3. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i fish the delaware on sandts eddy and right below fowl rift (starts at belivedere), maybe me kayleigh and you could get together sometime. cant wait for the weather to warm up!

4. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    looks like alot of bait behind ya scott:D

5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    where do you live scott? i am about 10 minutes outside of northampton in east allen township. the closest town to me is bath about 2 miles away. great weather today and its only geting better for a few more days make sure you get out and enjoy it!

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I live in south side allentown near emmaus avenue and susquehanna streets. I fish the perkiomen and little lehigh for trout and I fish greenlane reservoir for cats. I also plan on fishing lake nockamixon alot this year now that I know how to get there.

7. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    sounds good to me! always wanted to fish the famous little lehigh and other creeks in that area. i fish mostly the monocacy north of bethelhem (to different clubs stock with quality fish and the state stocks so large amount of fish and some nice ones with relatively low pressure). maybe we can get together for trout when the season comes up.

that reminds me, this year is gonna bite for me, it will be the 1st time in my life since i started fishing that i will miss opening day! ahh my family has made plans to visit my grand parents in mrytle beach (gotta love the warm weather) during easter vacation. of corse this year easter ends up being the second weekend in april. i enjoy opening day even with crowds because i see people that i dont ever see besides in trout season not to mention i outfish anyone on my creek. last year i had 5 fish out of one of the largest holes in the creek with the other 5 guys fishing it couldnt catch a single fish till i moved on.

8. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Year's back I fished the Nock. a lot for Cat's. I no longer live down there, so I havent fished it in the last 4 year's. I did here that it sorta went south in the last few year's. I fished mostly from my boat useing live Bluegill's on a slip bobber, plus Chicken liver the same way. The bigest one I ever cought was about 30 lb's, I cant say for sure, I just cut the line there was no way I was bringing that thing in my boat, it had to be atleast 40+" long. I though it was a blue cat, but the fish warden asured me it wasent. He said there were no Blue's in there. There are a lot of 8 to 12 lb's in there, people come a long way to fish for cat's there.

9. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    :grin-big: :grin-big: :grin-big: :happ-big: Go fishing when you are down there.Weather will be great:) :) :) Have some fun at your parents expense.When you get older it will be at your expense.ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN.!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    LETS GO WHEN THE WEATHER GETS WARM!!!!!!!!!! The Lehigh and Delaware are still a little cool yet.When it warms up the canals are great places to fish.In the Bethlehem area up to Allentown.Then in the walnutport area is good too.

11. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    sounds good to me! im sure you guys can teach me a bunch of things since im relativily new to catfishing.i do alright in my one spot but i doubt i could go to a unkown spot and keep the same sucsess. yea deffinitly when the weather gets warm.

do you guys ever fish sandy island in bethelhem? i dont know very many other places to fish i guess thats why i hoping you will help me learn.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I gave up fishing opening day several years ago for trout. I got tired of the shoulder to shoulder stuff on the little lehigh and then seeing people snagging the palaminos in the mouth cause they wont bite and other idiots getting loud cause they cant catch anything but when you show up late and pull one out by them they get upset (after asking permission to drop a line first). I havent fished the monacacy yet but would like to. If ya'll would like to wet a line I wouldnt mind the company.

13. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    sounds good. got out today just down the street in a small pond an me and my friend each landed two small bass. we got there to late around 430 and sun was getting lower. try to get out fishing if you can and if you do try to go from 11:30- 3:00 thats the opening you need. all the fish we caught were within 10 minutes of getting there.

tight lines!

14. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I was in the Lehigh yesterday and today.Nothing on Sat.Got 2 small pickerel today on a Mepps .Nothing to brag about.! at about 12" and the other at about 18".Catch and release!!:)

15. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Sand Island is where i do at least 50% of my fishing.Both in the Lehigh And in the canal.The canal is well lighted at night if you are by yourself.The Lehigh is another story.I fish with a buddy or carry a friend for protection.All legal of course.But when you look like me,you do not have too many problems!Like the old saying...yea tho I walk thru the valley of death,I fear no evil,cause I am the meanest S.O.B in the valley.Fish with me and have no fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:craf-big:

16. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    First day of trout in the Monacacy suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.Wait for 2 weeks and you will not have anyone else there.The first week is the worst,then it is dead there!;)

17. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i agree its to crowded but compared to many other spots it is not very bad but i am talking about north of bethelhem. just south of bath on jacksonville road. i always did well but like you said 2 weeks after the opener and its 100 times better.

how do you do in the canal and the lehigh? anything big? would like to try since its about 20 minutes closer then the delaware but i always do well in the delaware and i have my grand parents house right there to crash in if i get tired or need something.

18. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    we caught a bunch of good sized cats in the canal.Biggest 1 was caught by a friend of mine it was 26 inches.Not too shabby.Now the Lehigh is another story....I use 60# test line due to all the trees in the water from last years flooding. Soon I want to try the boat launch area off of William Penn Highway.With a surf rod you should be able to cast half way across the river.This is another good spot because not too many people use it.Great parking and nice trail along the river.

19. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    i fish the lehigh canal and river in Freemansburg a lot. it sucked last year, i think because of the heat. it was great the year before.

20. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    How about South Mountain Res. Did you try that yet????