Lehigh River,Lehigh Canal,Delaware river

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kaleigh, Oct 24, 2005.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    any info on hot spots in the Lehigh Valley area

2. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i live outside of northampton about 15 mins away from the lehigh river but i fish the delaware for catfish. my grandparents have a house on the delaware river and i do pretty well. if anyone knows the ppl power plant about 8 miles north of easton i fish that area. im pretty good with all types of fishing in this area so just ask if you have any questions. more info on the delaware river is on the NJ page

3. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Are you talking about Martin's Creek area?Can you fish there into late fall?bait? Do they still pump their warm water discharge into the Delaware?

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yes i beleive thats the power plant is called. recently there was a fly ash pollution problem there.

im not sure how they bite this time of year or about the warm water discharge because this is deer hunting season, but i would try hilgremites if you can get a hold of any but liver and worms work just fine in the summer, try cut bait also. ive caught cats up to 10# this year out of the eddys and rapids near the power plant there. caught two cats this year at about 28 inchs. not huge but great fight on lighter poles,

5. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I would love to find any quarries in the Lehigh Valley are that can be fished>

6. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    LOOKING FOR ABANDONED QUARRIES IN EASTERN PA.I NEED HELP LOOKING FOR GREAT CATFISH :)

7. NotoriousCanalCat

NotoriousCanalCat New Member

State:
    Lehighton, Pennsylvania
    The Lehigh Canal Weissport, Pa Sunday June 28th, my wife and I cought 13 cats between 21:15 and 21:45 just north of lock 7 the largest of these gave my medium Uglystick a workout! I don't know the weight but length was: 17", 16 1/2", 4@13"+, 4@+12", 3 less than a foot Nightcrawlers and a secret fast food item 3/0 hook etc. FUN FUN FUN !!!!