Legal question

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kycatman84, Mar 26, 2007.

1. kycatman84

kycatman84 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fish the tug river on the ky/wv border, I know this GRATE fishing hole where you can accually walk out to the middle of the river and fish off rocks into a deep fast moveing hole of water, it holds flatheads and lots of 10 to 15 lb channels. problem is I can only get to this hole from the wv side of the river.. can i leagley park on the wv side walk down to the river and out to the middle of it and fish? if a wv game warden caught me would it be ok sence wv property dosent start till you get to the bank? also a couple years ago this part of the river was pushed over into ky by 100 feet to make room for construction in wv.... ant input?

2. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    From what I can find out you will need a Wv. license.Your Ky. license is good to fish from the Ohio side of the Ohio river.Wish we had a Wv.-Ky. agreement like the one with Ohio.
    Jake

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I wish we could fish over at Virginia Point with a KY license.Its right there by KY & OH also.I'd love to try where it comes out.

4. kycatman84

kycatman84 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    really, I wouldent be fishing from the wv side. just parking over there, I would be fishing from the middle of the river.

5. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I would check with a game warden, it depends on where the state line is. You said they moved the river over about a 100 ft, that doesn't mean the state line was moved with it.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Bro you can,t go wrong if you call the game & fish comm. answering questions is part of their Job And they are glad to help

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah thomas id call first it might save a fine later if your in the wrong

8. kycatman84

kycatman84 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    would any one know the number??

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Try this...
    1-800-858-1549
    They should be able to help,if not they'll know who can.BTW,what part of KY you live in?

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i fish a riv that is some times in arkansas and some times in oklahoma.nobody knows just exactly when or where so to be safe i buy an out of state lic.for oklahoma.best be safe than sorry.

11. kycatman84

kycatman84 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i live in martin CO its right on the wv border.