Leesville Lake 22 April

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 01 Mudslinger, Apr 22, 2007.

1. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Got out on the water today for the first good time this year, went back in Old Womans Creek and got bait and went up the lake past Tri county and set up and fished till dark, caught about 7 Channel Cats medium sized. Bite picked up about 7pm and we left just before dark.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I used to fish below the dam at Leesville but haven't been there in years. Have you heard anything about that area lately?

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I went there a couple times late last year. No luck. Bunch of shad around there though, so I'll keep that spot in mind if I need bait.

The dam, from what I hear, runs unpredictably based on power demand. I find it hard to fish when that current is raging. At least Kerr Dam operates on a schedule you can call and listen to.

4. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Willie the lake has really picked up and started to develop, many many subdivisions are being put up, and the dam recreation area is soon fixing to become a RV park. With Smith Mtn. becoming so overpopulated everybody seems to be headed towards leesville.