leeches

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by richard84, Jul 1, 2009.

1. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    what do you guys think of leeches for big flats and blues?...ive used them for years with carp heads with pretty good success...how do you guys normally use them?

2. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    ive used them before and have mainly caught channels

3. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    I know this is a bit of the topic, and not on about blues or flats, but i use leeches from time to time they are orsum , we cat anglers in england probaly rate leeches as the best wels cat bait going. we get ours from a medical leech farm in wales, £6 each($11). EXPENSIVE. i,m keen to know if they are used often in the states , and are they any good as bait. they are popular in England as not many other fish seem to like them. i don,t use them that often due to price LOL. ,but treat my self once or twice a year.

4. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they wiggle like crazy on a hook, never caught a flat on em, but id imagine they might work because of their movement. Caught hundreds of channels on them

5. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I have been interested in using arificals lures on cat what about gulp leeches?

6. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    WELL SNAKEMAN

Lures are used in Europe for wels cats , i don,t know of any fish that eats other fish that won,t attack a lure ,people said wels never took lures, but they have been proven wronge

7. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have used leeches with live bluegills and caught several flats and lost some huge flats on them. Haven't had any blues on them though. Try them, you will like them.

8. kycatfish

kycatfish New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    im a BIG fan of leeches if i dont have them i just dont fish at all cause i have caught plenty of flatty's and blue's on leeches.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Haven't had any personal luck with them but does not mean they won't work catch em big boys.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I've caught many channels on leeches, mostly 5# or less. Usually add a small piece of shrimp too.