Lee lead melting pot.

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by KYTRAPPER, Jun 12, 2006.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Im going to order a new pot and was wondering if anyone has used the lee 4 pound electric pot with bottom spout? It looks like a good pot.

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I believe that's what I'm using, when I use it. Don't use it a lot as the molds cost a lot and I only have two and made a ton of the stuff when I got it so I'm set for a while. Heats up fast, pours nice and I've never had a bit of problem with it. I've only put maybe 10lbs of lead through it but again, no problems.

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Get a 10 lb or even a 20,I have a 10 Lee bottom spout pot that I bought in 1984 and I have melted 100s of lbs of lead in it with no problems but when I get on a casting run I wish it was a 20 pound because you can melt larger lead ingets and make longer casting runs before you have to add more lead to the pot.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have the Lee 4 lb. Used it since sometime in the 70's, mainly for casting bullets and some sinkers.

Attached Files:

5. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I ordered one plus a no roll sinker mold. I also shoot a lot of blackpowder and reload as well. Cooking lead in a cast iron pot was getting old:roll_eyes:

6. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have a 4lb lead pot from lee. And I had to stop using it because the spout on the bottom went bad, once the lead because liquid it would come out of the spout with out me opening and it went all over the place. Very DANGEROUS:after_boom::after_boom:

Maybe I did something wrong who knows. But I'm in the process of looking for a cast iron pot know. Is that what your suppose to use?

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Josh, I think that is the nature of the beast. Mine does that also. It usually is because a piece of sludge has got into the pot and blocks the pouring spout. The manual said to clean the spout occasionally by sticking some thing like a paper clip up the spout and keep it clean. Unless yours is far different than what mine is doing, It is still safe to use. You may email Lee Production Posts and ask their opinion.

8. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Josh mine does that some times,it's just some trash in the pore spout.AWShucks told you right just take a paperclip bend it stright hold it with pliers and when the lead starts running from the spout clean it out with the paperclip.

9. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Mine will do it too. I use a small drill bit that has the hex end. That way you can use your fingers to drill out the hole. The spout rod has a slot in the top, use a screwdriver back and forth a few times will clear it to.

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    My spout will leak from time to time. If you lightly tap on the rod that clogs the hole with your pliers it will stop. Also after I'm done and the pot has cooled I use a small drill to clean it out.