Leaving for Spain Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Wels Catfishing' started by Texas_Select, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    I will be fishing with Stephen Buss (carp and catbussters) July 10th-24th in Spain for Wels catfish while filming a documentray and educational DVD's over the two weeks. Hopefully a new record will be caught since July is prime time for harvesting that species. I have been looking at pics of those monster cats for awhile and can't wait to see them live!

Wish us luck and look for a full report with pics upon return.

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Best of luck to you. I have read some of his fishing reports in the past and I think you are going to have the time of your life.Cant wait to hear your account of catching one of those monsters.

3. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Tex, Good Luck on your Quest and having the pleasure of mixing business and the fun of catching fish is FANTASTIC! We look forward to seeing pictures of the outing.

HOPPY4

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck to you Bill....Keep us posted.

Danny

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here's hopin' you'll have your hands full...:cool2:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    My mind contains many good ideas, but it is not always easy to squeeze one out.

6. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    good luck over there, not that you need it, odviosly you got abunch of it even getting to go to spain to target the mighty wells catfish... lol, but good luck anyways

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Best of luck on the trip Bill, Hope its a safe and successful one...lookin forward to your stories and pictures.

8. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks everybody!

It should be a trip of a lifetime. Two of my Newell reels used for surf fishing are spooled and ready to rock! I am counting the hours to get there and cast the first line but not looking forward to that long flight :crazy:

The video ipod will be loaded with some movies!!

9. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    That's really awesome man! I recently came back from a two week school tour of Europe which included 3 days in Spain. In Madrid and Toledo, Spain (and while in Florence, Italy) we saw people fishing everywheres with HUGE spinning rigs. Now whether they were going for carp or wels I don't know, but it was a cool sight anyways!! You don't know how bad I wanted to wet a line over there just to see what I'de be able to pull up!:smile2:

10. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Have a great time, and take lots of pics and stories to share when you come back.

11. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    From what ive hered, they were probiby going for carp, as that is the type of equitment they use in all the videos, and on the websites ive looked at, they use multiplier reels for the wells, a multiplier reel is basicly the same as what we call a baitcaster... now as i said this is what ive read, so if im wrong someone please correct me

12. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Bill, Introduce Steve to the pleasures of TSS Jalapeno Dusted while you're there and make him come here and fish at one of our gatherings to get refilled, LOL.
    Hope you have great luck and take LOTS of video and pictures.

13. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    Stu:

Sounds like that 2 weeks in Euro was an exciting trip even though ya did not get to fish. Spinning reels are big over there. I am taking two Newell baitcasters to use and Stephen has 12' surf rods for bank casting. I am an avid surf fisherman so long distance bank casting sounds good to me. Gonna take a few of my homemade rigs I use for surf fishing and salt water river cuts with fast moving currents.

Mike:

Hope to get some fresh local veggies, meats and chilies on the way to camp to cook up while were there. Ya bet I will have a bag full of my seasoning blends too waiting on that first edible wels we gonna cook up! Fresh goat or lamb also will make some fine eating round the fire during those two weeks!

14. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    good luck and safe travels

15. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks Chris. Heading out tomorrow morning early and really looking forward to the next two weeks in Spain.

16. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    good luck man hope u catch a monster