Leaving Fish to find Fish

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishnvince, Sep 16, 2008.

1. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Last month a few buddies and myself had one of those great trips on big Blues. Im telling you it was doubles , triples and even quads for 3 or 4 hrs. Trip of a lifetime. Next time out same guys, same spot. All of us knowing very well that this would not happen again for quite some time. The bite started off hot 30 minutes into the trip a 34 a 37 and a 42. Then the bite slows down, only a fish every 30 min or so, then a fish an hour. still great fishing by any means. Well coming off of a once in a lifetime bite the ordinary seemed like we were getting cheated somehow and off we went looking for that pot of blue gold, which we never found. So my question then is, when is it ok to leave fish to find fish? Do you practice this seldom rewarded activity? I am guilty of it, and more times than not I have been left scratching the area on top of my head that used to contain hair.:smile2:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If i'm getting fish at all,up to a fish an hr,I wont leave. I will however get gone quick if after a couple hrs of no bites.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    only time i leave fish is if im in a toun.and the fish im catching aint helping.if im fishing for run im there till the fish quit biteing.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would have to find fish first:smile2:

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I guess the only I would them is if I was tired of catching them

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    one an hour is fine,if they are somewhat a good size,if not,i would try to find a better spot.