Leavenworth state fishing lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dolphinswmmr, Jun 13, 2009.

1. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just got home. It was a hell of night. We caught 2 in the first hour. 3lb flat n 2lb channel. Husband knocked one of my poles into the water. So I am now one pole short . :angry:Decided it was time to move. Anchored a little farther down n caught 7 more. Kept the flat n a 6 n 5lb channel. Got a total of 9 for night. Husband got a good bite n pulled his pole into the water. I'm thinking Karma, gotta love it. :wink:He managed to snag it with his other pole and got it back! What the hell, let's mine go n gets his back. Doesn't seem quite fair :eek:oooh: Even though I lost a pole it was an awsome night. Thanks to KC Jayhawk 78 for the info.

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Congrats on a good night of fishing.

3. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thanks, hope there are many more.

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Too bad about your pole but it sounds like a pretty good night!

5. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Here are pics from Friday night.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I found the other pole you left at my house. It was in the enclosed trailer. I will send it home with Dillon. When you lose it in the water I will send another one to you :smile2:.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Went out again last night. Hubby got a 7lb channel. I got a 1/2lb channel. Why do the fish hate me:sad2:? That is the only fish I've gotten in 4 trips. I figure I'm due for a big one soon. Going to make a trip to the Kaw since it's rained. Maybe I will be a keeper. (keeping fingers crossed):wink:

Attached Files:

9. red river whopper

red river whopper New Member

State:
    Sabetha, kansas
    I rented the state lake cabin there over the fourth you have any suggestions for baits?

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Didnt know they had a cabin. Chicken livers, cut shad, cut bluegill. Good luck. :big_smile:

11. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Was out at Leavenworth the other day. One feeder (out of about 8) sat higher in the water than all the others. All the others sat the same height out of the water. Get some liver, find the feeder and you'll probably get some fish.

12. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    We caught channels on cut gills and liver. Also seen em caught on shad and worms.

13. kansasfan72574

kansasfan72574 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have bee catching 2 - 4lb catfish on a premade doughball from Walmart. Shrimp and Chicken Liver. The catfish love it and we have lost 2 poles in the water. We got up and walked to the truck and came back to see the pole going in the water. THIS IS FUN!!!

14. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    The fish are very agressive after the spawn. Sounds like your doing excellent.

15. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    It sure is fun getting a pole snatched in!!!!!Had it happen last week at pierson trying to catch some bait.I was like Holy Shhh!!!!Luckily it was sinking slow so and I had a bobber on it.I used my catfishing pole to snag it and get it back.It was only a 2 lb channel.