Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone go to leavenworth state fishing lake very often? I prefer to camp at state fishing lakes rather than the big lakes, and thinking about expanding and trying some new places. hows the camping there? fishing? is it under construction or anything like that?

also, if there is a state lake anywhere in the state you like, please let me know. anything along the lines of woodson SFL would be good to know about.

thanks to anyone with good information to share

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Ive been there 100's of times and camped there a few dozen times. As far as I know you can still camp there. I saw tents there last year. There is only 2 spots on the water, all the others are up on the hill above the lake. There is no camping fees, big channels in there and great crappie fishing. Fish the feeders at night for the best action. There is a flathead population starting to thrive there now from what I gather. Its a great lake, but James, for my gas money, and as close as you live to it, Osage is a better deal. Just my opinion.

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/KDWP-Info/Locations/State-Fishing-Lakes/Region-2/Leavenworth

·
Registered
706 Posts
Keith is right on. There is a small area close to the lake on the East end that is open to camping. The fish feeder just happens to be in that same cove. I've been there several times this year without success. The North side of the lake has very limited bank access and using a boat gets you away from the heavily used bank spots. Good luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
its a good lake head for north end, way left good fishing there i live in winchester a few mile away. we have a place called camp curry out here good size pond you can camp and catch big bass, and cats. my phone number is 1-913-774-7970; will be glad to show you the area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.