Learnin from the best

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by ArmyCatfish, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yet another question from the boys in iraq (myself and ARMYCATS). Once again lookin for pointers. Lookin for advice on fishin for blues. anything you all are willin to share is much appriciated and any bodies of water you know in Ga or N. Florida that hold Monster Blues. Thanks yall for putin up with us :big_smile:

2. ARMYCATS

ARMYCATS New Member

State:
    Georgia
    No kidding ive fished for flats most of my life but i dont know much about targeting blues

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I have seen big flathead and big blues hit on the same thing. They are both top predators, have had big ones hit live bait, cut bait, shad guts, even seen big ones hit nightcrawlers. The best advice would be patience, if you are targeting big fish use big bait, try deep water during the day and shallows at night as this is the time they hunt for food. Good fishing.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Welcome to the boc army boys, keep asking & looking around i'm sure u'll find what u need!!!

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Guys, there aren't too many places down there for monster blues. The closest places for you to have a good chance at a big blue are the Santee Cooper Lakes in SC or Lake Andrews on the GA/AL line. Andrews is a smaller more riverine lake on the lower Chattahoochee between lakes Eufaula and Seminole. GA's St. record blue was caught there a couple yrs. ago. Good luck fishin'.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WELCOM TO THE BOC KEEP LOOKIN AND U WILL FIND IT ON HERE :wink: