Learn somthing new every day...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brewfish, Feb 25, 2008.

1. brewfish

brewfish New Member

State:
    fl
    I went out fishing this weekend in the dunns creek, st.johns, crescent lake area. I've fished the st.johns & some of feeder creeks & lakes for years but i've never seen this before.

I noticed all of these little foam floats in the dunns creek and even in crescent lake. Out of curiosity i pulled on of them up just to see what it was and sure enough it was a crab trap with a couple of blue crabs in it. I put it right back of course and just shook my head with disbelief. I have to deal with these little bait snatchers enough already in the saltwater and now I have to worry about them while catfishing in feshwater??? :confused2: This part of the river is about 90 miles from any salt water so it's 100% fresh water. I guess they've setup shop and reproduce & everything else here.

I remember a couple years back fishing in the norris dead river (about 60 miles further south & away from salt water) when I caught a sting ray while brem fishing.

What's next sharks?

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    actually Bull Sharks have been known to go up freshwater rivers in search of food. so yeah, they just might be next.