Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video may be on the site already but it provides some interesting information about flathead catfish.

It talks about where your will find them, their growth rate, their spawning habits and much more.

I thought an interesting point was the number of eggs a flathead will have. That is why protecting the bigger flatheads is so important especially with the increased interest in fishing that the pandemic brought on. Help teach others to take care of these great fish.

The playback has been restricted to YouTube so if you click the underlines part, you will be moved to the YouTube video.

tight lines.

Registered
Thanks for the video Tom I鈥檝e really been trying to figure out the 鈥減atterns鈥 of flatheads there鈥檚 not a lot of info out there.
Also glad I鈥檓 not the only one who feels like their chasing a ghost trying to get flatheads in a reservoir!
You are right, there isn鈥檛 a lot of info. And most of the folks that know it, definitely aren鈥檛 going to spill the beans on it! I met a gentleman over the last 3-4 years that I鈥檝e learned a lot from. He has changed the way I fish for flatheads, and I rarely get skunked anymore. His name is Ted Ellenbecker and is an old timer for sure. He really knows his stuff. Watch Catfish Weekly episode 221 and listen to his spill. I鈥檓 sure you鈥檒l learn a thing or two.

Registered
You are right, there isn鈥檛 a lot of info. And most of the folks that know it, definitely aren鈥檛 going to spill the beans on it! I met a gentleman over the last 3-4 years that I鈥檝e learned a lot from. He has changed the way I fish for flatheads, and I rarely get skunked anymore. His name is Ted Ellenbecker and is an old timer for sure. He really knows his stuff. Watch Catfish Weekly episode 221 and listen to his spill. I鈥檓 sure you鈥檒l learn a thing or two.
I鈥檒l have to check it out when I get a chance always good to know more information! I鈥檇 love to get to the point of losing this skunk that鈥檚 following me around haha.
When I flathead fish I just get bigger channels which is still fun but my target is flatheads. Planning on changing tactics this year I learned a lot last year but that鈥檚 easy to do when you don鈥檛 know much 馃

Registered
I passed this video on to a friend. He learned a lot from his Dad. The whole family, there is 6 kids, are seriously good fishers. They catch a LOT of fish. I watched the video and the video has info that my friend has been telling me he learned. I'm hoping he will learn a couple more tips from the video.

Thanks for posting the link. Very interesting.

Registered
This video may be on the site already but it provides some interesting information about flathead catfish.

It talks about where your will find them, their growth rate, their spawning habits and much more.

I thought an interesting point was the number of eggs a flathead will have. That is why protecting the bigger flatheads is so important especially with the increased interest in fishing that the pandemic brought on. Help teach others to take care of these great fish.

The playback has been restricted to YouTube so if you click the underlines part, you will be moved to the YouTube video.

tight lines.
This is my video! Lol. I was tired of spending hours and hours of searching for all this so just put it all in 1 short package for everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts