Leaking head ?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by ka_c4_boom, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i have a 40hp mariner 1985 , it has a leaky head gasket can you recommend a good online source for parts , i also have a bad plug wire is the wire replaceable or do i need to get a coil pack and where can i get that and what should i expect to pay for both the gasket and the coil pack , i have a seloc publications volume 1 mariner outboard textbook was wondering if i should attempt fixing this problem or if i should have it done . remember im not a mechanic :lol: any help yall can give is appreciated

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Charles you can do this job your self. It ain't no biggie. I will pm you a link and you can talk to andrew and he is a good man to do business with and also good prices.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I was wondering if it was a motor or a toilet. Both of those leaking heads must be attended too. LOL

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    lawrence im afraid one of both of those leaking heads comes with old age :lol: a diaper doesnt fix every thing

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    so far no one has been able to find a coilpack for my boat

6. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    You might be able to get one from these guy's...... Phone: (405) 272-9795
    That is for Chuck and Dave's auto body and paint. Don't let the name fool you. I have never seen a car in there shop, only boats. They are in OKC and here been doing business for a long time. When you call ask to speak to Dave. He will give you a way better price than what Chuck will give you. I would be almost certain they would have the coil pack for your boat since they deal in older moters and parts.

Dave