leaking floor

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by daniel-delarosa, Mar 4, 2009.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    What would be good to paint on the floor of an aluminum boat to stop little leaks? I tried tig welding with minimal success. Would bed liner help at all? I have some really killer caulking called Solar Seal that I get from my vinyl siding supplier, I was thinking of trying that. Trying to keep the cost really low.

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    does the floor have rivets? or is it welded, if it has rivets and thats where the small leak is coming from you can have a friend hold a mallot on the under side of the rivet and hit the top side with a hammer and sometimes that will stop the leak, they also sell aluminum repair sticks which is like a jbweld

3. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC

JB wetweld works great on aluminum boats. Cut a small piece off the roll and knead it together till it changes colors, cover the hole or area and let cure. You can even sand with an air grinder once it hardens and paint it.

4. catfishhunter17

catfishhunter17 New Member

State:
    indiana
    its jb water weld i sweer by it will hold anything

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    If you cant tighten up rivets, try 3M 5200......its made to be permanent under the waterline. Get the quick set so you dont have to wait a week for it to dry.