League Leaders: Scoring

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 26, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    We'll start tracking the top scorers in the NBA and when players have an outstanding performance, feel free to post about it.

Here are the top ten scorers in the NBA for points per game:

1. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 35.9/ppg
    2. Allen Iverson, Philly 76ers 33.5/ppg
    3. Lebron James, Cleveland Cavaliers 31/ppg
    4. Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards 28.1/ppg
    5. Tracy McGrady, Houston Rockets 26.9/ppg
    6. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat 26.7/ppg
    7. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks 25.9/ppg
    8. Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets 25.8/ppg
    9. Paul Pierce Boston, Celtics 25.6/ppg
    10. Michael Redd, Milwaukee Bucks 25.5/ppg

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Lebron is still young, watch out for him when he matures up and starts taking control of the games.

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Lebron is not in his prime yet like Kobe. When he gets there, he will be one of the best there was in the NBA. Already he is better then most in the NBA.

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Ryan I realize this is individual performers however I would like to add the Suns starting line up. Currently watching the Griz and Suns. Griz only give up around 87 points per game and the Suns scored 64 by half time.

5. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Suns have a good offensive team, very typical of Steve Nash. But one thing that Nash lacked on the Mavericks was defensive skill, they coul score all day, btu so wcould there opponents.

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Centralcalcat whats your opinion of the Suns D? Whats your thoughts on the Suns D with Nash compared to the Mavs D when Nash was there? I think they are pretty much the same , maybe the Suns D is slightly better. The Suns just shoot the lights out which I think makes up for the lack of aggressive defense. i realize this is slightly off the threads intentions but I didnt want to start a new one for this topic.

7. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Here are the updated top ten scorers in the NBA:

1.Kobe Bryant 34.9/ppg
    2.Allen Iverson 33.3/ppg
    3.Lebron James 31.0/ppg
    4.Gilbert Arenas 28.6/ppg
    5.Dwyane Wade 27/ppg
    6.Paul Pierce 26/ppg
    7.Carmelo Anthony 25.9/ppg (Didn't make the All-Star game?)
    8.Elton Brand 25.7/ppg
    9.Tracy McGrady 25.5/ppg
    10.Dirk Nowitzki 25.3/ppg

The All-Star game is right around the corner and it is always a great show for the fans! I am looking forward to seeing the NBA's most talented players perform!

8. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Yea... Whats up with that? I think he deserved to be there. Was he not snubbed last year as well?

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, you're right Mike! They did jip him last year as well. How could they not have the seventh leading scorer in the league on the All-Star team? I mean 26 points per game is no joke. He's been on several highlight reels so I don't know how they can not have him on that team?? :confused:

10. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Ohh and they invite T-mac and Yao to the all stars. I dont get it I watched both of them play last night and what a horrible performance by both. Granted T-mac has been hurt but is he really derserving... I dont think so

11. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Anthony got screwed, period.

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Carmello is a quiet player i notice that about him. You do not hear much from him vocally as much as you do other players, at least not on the west coast that is. TMac has had a horrible year and I do not know how he made it over Carmello maybe because the games is in Houston this year. The All star game is more of a popularity contest. That proboly had something with him not getting in. Shaq daddy made it and he has not had such a stellar year all so.

13. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    T-Mac had a heck of a performance in the All-Star game. He hasn't had the best year, but we all know of his capabilities on the court and the fact that the game was held in Houston probably didn't hurt either...But Yao Ming making it over Carmelo.??>?? Give me a break! He is pitiful! He's a big stick figure that plays softer than any center in History. Another player that comes to mind when you think of playing soft, Tim Duncan. If Tim Duncan played aggressively he'd be a huge force inside, but instead he takes the majority of his shots from ten to fifteen feet from the basket.? Lebron was amazing as usual. Kobe looked good as well. Carmelo got jipped again, maybe next year.

14. Buknasty

Buknasty New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think for sure that Lebron is the next Jordan.....AND THEN SOME..
    Lets not forget how young he still is!