Leaf Stains

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by beetle, Dec 4, 2009.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What will work to get a maple leaf stain off of the vinyl seat cover on my pontoon. I have tried 409 and a couple of other household cleaners and bought some vinyl cleaner from BPS and so far nothing is working.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Roger,I've heard a mixture of table salt and lemon juice works on rust stains. Since its vinyl it might work on it.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I used a s.o.s. pad to get the stains of my seats last year .
    I bought all new seats for my 18 footer aint putting them in till spring . This time I am getting a boat cover .

4. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I would give bleach a try. The leaf mark is caused by mold that started to grow. The mold gets into the pores of the vinyl and it won't scrub out.
    The bleach shouldn't hurt the color of the vinyl, though be sure not to get it on any other upholstery or carpet.
    I had the same problem with my last boat and all I did was soak a paper towel with bleach and press it onto the stain and leave it set for a while.
    Then I just wiped the bleach up with a damp warm towel let it dry and walla stain gone.
    Then I sold the boat, it had vinyl and carpet both a bitch to keep clean.

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What sucks is I have a cover. For now on in the fall when leaves a falling after I get the cover on I'm crawling under it to make sure I didn't miss any falling leaves.:angry: