Leadstock !

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by thomas feldon, Jan 27, 2008.

1. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Thank's Cuz for a good understanding of what the Gateway cats are about in our little area and how we can enjoy a get to gether.
    I gathered the info I need to share with other's.
    Most of all , !
    Everyone don't look anyting like there aviator picture's.
    Thank God for photography,- distance and small posting's.:eek:oooh:!
    Almost looked like America's most wanted rally.:smile2:

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah and this from a guy that was at the top of the most wanted list for years... hehehe.. We had fun guys, we also had a good turnout.. Hopefully the ones that missed the first meeting will be able to make the neext meeting..

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    A good time was had by all and we all went home a little heavier. Both with weights and the weight we put on from eating all that good food. Bunch of great people and I am truly glad I went. Thanks to Cuz and his wife for all the work they did to make it a success.

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks for having us Cuz. I had a great time as well. I'm really looking forward to getting things started with the club.

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Yes me and Debbie had a great time and enjoyed the hospitality of the Cuz household. Things look to be good for the future of Gateway Cats if we can continue to get support like we did yesterday. It was great seeing those that I've met before once again and even better meeting those that showed up for the first time. Cuz the fried turkey was great and Ryan the fish was even better thanks to Jerry for standing over that fryer and cooking for all of us. From all of us in the Mal household I'd like to give a huge Thanks to Cuz and his family for putting up with all of us all day yesterday. Oh and thanks to the youngster that poured all the weights. I poured a bit, Harold poured a bit, Bob, and Ed, but (sorry don't remember his name) the youngster must of stood there melting lead for at least 4 hours. Darryl that was a nice set up you had especially for pouring those monster weights that you pour. I don't think you could even try something like that with those smaller pots we were using. Oh and Tim thanks for taking the time to try and teach us how to throw those monster nets of yours that truly is impressive how you do that.

6. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    had a great time seeing and visiting with everybody thanks to mr and mrs cuz for the hospitality thanks to the commodore for cooking up some good eats cant wait to see yall again

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Thanks Cuz and Lisa for putting on this great event at your place.. A special thanks to Lisa for putting up with all of us until the wee hours of the morning.. Great food, great people and Bob too.. hehehe.. Thanks Jerry for spending all that time cooking everything for us... Thank you to everyone that took the time out of their busy schedules to attend.. We are now officially The Gateway Cats (logo pending), I see alot of great things and special times in our future.. Thanks again everyone for making all this possible..

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I see old JW lurking down there. I bet you wish you were from Missouri dont you. Course there are those immigration laws.:tounge_out::big_smile::wink:

9. Mrs SkipEye

Mrs SkipEye New Member

State:
    Winfield, Misso
    Cuz I just wanted to say thank you to you and Lisa for the hospitality yesterday.
    We have a great time! :big_smile:

Christopher slept with the (Penn 209) you gave him last night. :big_smile:

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sounds like ya'll had a great time in spite of Ol'Caughtonefishbob being there, LOL!!! Wish I could have made it but they stopped me at the missouri line and said there was a fee to enter the zoo and I had allready put all my money in the gas tank, LOL!!

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep thanks to the Mr. and Mrs. Cuz, had a great time talking with all Thanks to Jon GUP for the sample, will let ya know how they do for us on the next trip to the bottoms in the "ol' chevy":wink:. and Branden hope the little one wasn't too "wound up" last night on the chocolate buzzzzzzz :smile2:. Kutter, the more I think about the meeting at the ramp awhile back, well still not sure, maybe say 8-10 hours of fishing on a nice warm evening will jog the memory :wink: :big_smile:.

H, ya still gnawin on that dam $40 cigar!!!!!

12. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    hello fellow catfishermen i am a die hard catfisherman and im dieing to get ahold of some catfish but for the life of me i cant get them darn fish to bite this time of year what am i doing wrong ?:confused2:

13. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Thanks a bunch for all the tasty food and it was sure good to put a face to all the names,if i can just remember all of them now. ryans fish and cuzes turkeys sure did make my efforts look good.it was apleasure to meet and visit with all of you.
    By the way i just got back from the boat club and seen something on the river i thought i should share with everyone. it appeared to be a new sea ark boat (i think it was one of those ice breaker class vessels ) here was cuz gary and another person idelling up stream trying to dodge all the ice on the river, couldnt wait to go on the maiden voyage.

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Cuz, thanks for the invite and hospitality (and sinkers), had a great time. It was good to see some of you guys again and meet some others for the first time.

Ryan, Jerry, Ed, and anyone else who had a hand in the fish, THANK YOU!! The turkey was good, but I gotta hand it to the fish.

Randy, yes, thanks for the brownie idea with Joe - Lisa commented this morning on how they were bouncing off the walls yesterday. When I explained Joe and the brownies I think she understood where they got so much energy:embarassed: And wondered why I'm allowed to have kids:eek:oooh:

Gary, that's an awesome looking rig, hope you guys had fun with her on her first trip!

Tim, thanks for the net lessons. It's going to be a LONG time before I get even a 10th as good as you at it, definitely some thing that takes practice.

Thanks to all for a great time!

Branden

15. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Thanks to Cuz and Mrs Cuz for the hospitality, food, lead, and everything else. Everyone I met there was extremely nice and friendly. It was great to meet people with the same interests as me. I rarely meet anyone where I'm from that rod and reels, most are running lines. After talking with several guys at the meeting, I can't wait to get out on the Mississippi and see how the fishing is there. If anyone wants to hook up and go out fishing let me know! :big_smile:

Tim, you are a net throwing machine! That was impressive. I am going to try and implement some of what I learned into throwing my 15ft net. I am pretty sure it will improve my throw.

If anyone out there is interested in joining, this really is a very good group of guys and gals. I can't wait till the next gathering!

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Gents and Ladies,

Let me personally thank each and every one of you for making this first meeting such a resounding success. I'd like to go down the list and thank each one of you personally for everything, but alas, I would forget something for sure. There were so many calls for assistance, and good will gestures that my pea brain could not possible keep up with everything.

I'm overjoyed at the turnout, and the success of the first meeting. You guys n gals truly are a class act. Thank you for taking time out of your lives to share a day of camraderie with a sport we are all very passionate about.

Special Thanks to Branden for driving 4 hours from Kansas City to join us, Slider for the awesome net throwing seminar, Jerry Casey for being the Gateway Chef, Ryan (LInus) (TopGun) for the Walleye, and all those that brought food, wine, etc etc. I cant say thank you enough. Please understand I appreciate everyone's support it was our pleasure to welcome you.

Also, please welcome aboard Gateway Cats newest sponsor, Fish-On Bait Company. Gup very graciously gave away several bait samples for folks to try out. Well eagerly await the progress reports.

We all got to pull, tug, grab, yank, twist, bend, the CatfishSafari Rods too. Thanks again to Steve Brown of Catfishsafari Rods for being a Gateway Cats Sponsor.

The next Gateway Cats meeting will be held at the Cabelas in Hazelwood, and will be in March.

Congratulations to our new Officers Positions.

President/Founder John Allen
    Vice-President Michael Jacobs
    Treasurer Gary Vinyard
    Secretary Mike Malichii (with a standby of Mrs Skipeye) :wink:
    Membership
    Chairman Tom Feldman
    Tournament
    Director Justin Wolfe

Board Of Directors

Bob Simmons
    Harold Hicks
    Tom Pelikan (Kutter)
    Darryl Vaughan

Dont forget to spread the word.

The Gateway Classic is April 05th. Many thanks to the fine folks at Cabelas, and the Plattin Rock Boat Club for making this tournament possible. Its shaping up to be a "Dandy" :wink:

and last, but most certainly not least,

Thank You to Paul, and his team of the moderators for their support of our club. A special Thanks to Bryan Shrum, and Eric Simcox for their assistance. Without the Brotherhood Of Catfishing, none of this would be possible.
    Please keep promoting the good ol Brotherhood as you tell folks about Gateway Cats.

Thank You All. I realize that this club is destined for success.

John Allen "Cuz"

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I doubt you are doing anything wrong. This time of year, it's hard to catch anything but a cold. Welcome aboard. Glad to see a fellow Arnoldian (???), there are quite a few members in this area. As you can see, there are enough to form Gateway Cats. Join in the fun, we want to learn what you know and hopefully we can show you a few tricks we have learned.

18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    first off I would like to say thanks to cuz and his wife for letting us tear up their barn........

the food was great, and it was real nice to see you all. It was a pretty good turn out.
    I'm really looking forward to getting the club up and running this coming year.
    Thanks for the lead, skip I got one of your 16oz no-rolls, I might not use it much but its good to have just in case thanks:big_smile:
    Im also glad to see everyone made it home safe. Jerry I got your e-mail lock in. Mondays & tuesdays are my busiest days of the week. so I'll get with you wednesday and we'll see what we can do.

19. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Glad to hear the first meeting/get together was a success! Sorry I missed it, but I'm planning on getting out that way pretty soon.

20. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    ok to all the guys that think that its hard to throw all you have to rember is how to load the net that is 80% of it after that its just a throw had a great time and im very excited about gateway cats hopefully we will be abel to make a change