leaders

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 24, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    what LB do some of you use on the colorado river??? braid or mono??? ill probably target channels for the most part

i got berkley big game 20 lb mainline on my tiger spinning combo :wink:

i got 40 lb ...... and kinda like it

could or should i use BBG #20 for leaders :cool2:

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    as said before, fishing for flats, use heavy line. for channels, i use around 12 - 17 is all. as for leader for channels. i use same line. put sliding sinker on, and pinch sinker to keep from going down to hook most of time. tie hook right onto end of line. never had problem with "leader" breaking off.
    gary

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    a few questions here. you were sent a package of gear that some of us would give a eye tooth to get. are you using it? some of your questions seem like almost repeats. also, is that a picture of yourself? i'm planning on comming up to fish havasu sometime in future and want to know if i see you. you've stated you're only 16, but picture looks older. i know, i'm awful curious, but how i learn things. LOL
    sorry if i've upset anyone, but seems like lots of advise given here, and same type questions keep coming up all the time.
    gary

4. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Hey Sleek I was wondering also, if you recieved my care package. I thought it should have been there by now. THey said is should of got to you mid last week? Did ya get it? And what do ya think? Any questions about what is inside or how to use any of it?:confused2:

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    tofish
    my name is leroydozois and im 16. that picture is my father and that fish was the first catfish my dad has ever caught...and the onlyone :smile2::tounge_out:. the care package that was sent to me has not gotten here yet cause the shipping here in havasu is very very bad ( to send a letter to my neighbor it has to take a 2 day trip to laughlin and then back again.. i was in a (fishoff) at my high school and had to do with what i had :sad2:

i do ask questions over again because im not sure on what to use ( of what i have ) *im srry if that bothers you* :0a33:

GETHOOKED as stated i didnt get it yet but when i do im making sure i add it to my (current) tackle... and change my leaders to the kahlesand i bet i will have tons of questions about the surprises i await
    *** i prey it didnt get sent to a different house like last time ***:embarassed:

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    makes sense now. just that picture didn't match what you were saying so i was wondering. didn't mean any offense. as for remarks of questions being asked over and over again, seems like you get same answers, but then go to different forum and try again. sorry, sometimes i get a little irritated when i answer someone, others answer and then see same question keep popping up from same person.
    gary

7. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    sleek the tracking # says that it was delivered on wednesday the 21st!!! NOW WHAT, I sent it to--
    I live at

3280 thundercloud dr. Lake havsu city Az. 86406

8. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use heavy leaders so that whe the fish bites the light line doesn't keep the fish from having a chance to get away.

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    gethooked, have a idea my friend. send a care package to me in yuma. we'll time how long it takes to get here. i promise to let you know when it gets here. :0a1: well, it's a idea and i can try, can't i? :big_smile:
    gary

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

AAAAWWWW :angry::angry::angry::angry:

i dont have it
    i was home all day on the 21st and didnt here the door ring or anything

11. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    :crazy:you don't have it?:eek:oooh:

well I guess someone recieved a nice fishing package:0a28:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Hmm, I didn't get mine either, lol ; )~

13. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i hate to say this but i think that it might have gone to thunderhead dr. instead of thundercloud

we have to many "thunder______" here in havasu

but i prey it didnt:embarassed::beat_brick::pudency::too_sad::0a32:

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That's a shame you did not get your frebiees. I would go out there to the other thunder street and politely ask about the package, you never know, they may have it there.

15. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I think that is a great idea, I mean is the address the same besides the street name? HOuse number?:eek:oooh:

16. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    good idea. go over and ask. if they claim no, call the post office and complain they are delivering your mail wrong and you've lost important things cause of it and want it. postmaster doesn't like to hear things like that.
    gary

17. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

can you give me the tracking to the package

who did u send it by

im going to go nuts if i find out that someone got their grubby hands on it :embarassed:

my parents are furious too cause this isnt the first thing that has been lost via mail :angry:

18. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I will look again, I think I threw it away after I saw it was delivered. But I think I may have the original packaging slip. Stay tuned:eek:oooh:

19. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :pudency::ah:!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Any updates on this? Leroy did you have your dad check out the house on thunderhead drive? There is a house with the same exact address number on Thunderhead drive 3 blocks from your house. Maybe it got delivered there? I'm glad Matt didn't ship me Cleatus. :eek:oooh: Crazy stuff guys. Good luck tracking the package down.