lead

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by blazerjet, Feb 11, 2008.

1. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Does anyone no where i can get some lead to melt. I had a bunch of wheel weights. But the tire stores around me are not givin it out to good anymore. I got a melting pot and 6 molds if anyone has or got any ideals i will gladly pour for anyone that wants to help out. Im just tryin to get ready for this season. Thanks guys

2. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hell yea ben you know we will need about 5000 pounds of those weights to loose in the bottom of the damn river.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You can usually buy it from metal recycle shops, I've heard they sell it on ebay also. It's going up in price and the local tire shops are starting to collect it and sell it to the recycle shops in this area.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HEY BEN I GOT SOME HERE LOCALY FOR 20 CENTS PER # LAST YEAR ,PROBLY WENT UP SENSE THEN, ITS GOOD CLEAN LEAD . P.S. LOOKS LIKE CRAZYJETS AT MARKLAND LOL ,YOU CAN P.M. ME & I WILL TELL U WHERE IF U WANT PAT

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Check the scrap metal dealers in your area. You have to pay for the lead, but it is still a lot cheaper than the price of sinkers.

6. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yea catfishcrazy ben and I were at markland that day fishing the discharge that was pushing out the generators back by the rock and i hooked that fish and he ran for slack water when the river was down and landed him up there by the dam. Figured we would take a picture up there by the gates it made it look better i think.

7. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    good info guys and crazyjet i will always remember that fish what a day.

8. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    Blazerjet I got a bunch of lead but I'm saving it all for the terroist.I'll stop by the scrapyard and see if I can score some on my next rainout.
    IRONCAT

9. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey blazerjet if your around indy area go the water dept they take out old lead pipes all the time and if ya ask nice they,ll give it to you cause they throw it away ( you know goverment ) last time i was up there i got 500 lbs worth and left probably a ton on the ground up there at that time you just have to cut it up into smaller portions to melt but i used my sawsall to cut mine i hope this helps ya

10. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well all that at the water department would really help out woulndt it blazer?