lead

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Madtom, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Does anyone have some lead? I want to make some sinkers and need about 200lbs. Any amount would be greatly appreciated. I live near petersburg, I would like to find some without driving 100 miles. Thanks guys.

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Junkyards have lead, the lead from tires. I looked into buying lead from scrap yards and they don't sell to the public alot of times. At least not the ones I called. 200 lbs is alot of lead. You may look on ebay, they sell alot of the lead ignots (??) lead bars. You may have to go that route. I used to loose alot of sinkers, I've learned where not to fish and cast so I've been good at keeping my sinkers.
    Good luck

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Do you pour any 12oz'ers with metal eyelets? Looking to buy some.

4. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    We are going to poor all big ones prob 10 and bigger I will let you know. Still need lead.

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Check with your local auto repair shops they usually have a 5 gal. bucket of them setting around theyll give you free or at a cheap price. Thats where we get our lead from.

6. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome to the BOC Wayne. I noticed you live near Petersburg and was wondering if you ever fish the Chickahominy River. We make several trips up there every year and will be up there Oct. 12. I do have some extra lead and would be glad to drop some off and maybe wet a line. PM me if you're interested.

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I also get mine from local tire shop although most of them have started charging a small fee for them now.

8. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    Ive got around 300 lbs. Ill sell it for 1.50 a pound.