Lead Sinker pouring party

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Dec 2, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    There seem's to be quite a few of us wanting to try to get together this winter sometime and pour some lead.

Sounds like something we could get scheduled like maybe on a Sat and pour a bunch of sinkers and grill up some chow and just make a day of it.

I guess we need to start working on a site where we can do this at.

Any/All ideas are welcome!

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I would offer up my house but right now the wife is not to up on me pouring at the house when she is pregnant.:sad2:

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    As long as the date doesnt fall between jan 9-17. I'll be in a warmer, tropical, climate during that time.

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    All I have to offer is my garage, but it is not heated. It is a pole shed with no insulation. Whatever temp is it outside that is what temp the garage is. I am farther west than most of you want to travel I am sure also. But if we absolutely can't find a better place you are welcome to do it here.

5. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    My place is too small and I don't have the right equipment. I am interested
    in the idea, however. Maybe sometime in February? That's about the center
    of the boring times and far enough away from the holidays to be empty.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I wish I had a Big garage to offer but mine is a little shack.

7. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    If I cleaned the garage up a bit it could be done, it's has a furnace so could do it when it's really cold. Wife can't get me to clean it, maybe you all can:sad2:.

I'm in Lawrence, offer made, ain't going to hurt my feelings if it doesn't happen.

I'd even throw some chow on the Q if this pan's out.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Charlie,thanks for the offer.

I'm in for a grarge cleaning party for a offer like this.I will even bring the meat if your willing to cook it.

And what better place to have it than Jayhawk country..

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    No need to bring food Tom, just GPS coordinates to some hot crappie brushpiles!!!

You all bounce the idea around, I'm pretty open on weekends with a bit of notice.

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Unless someone has something better Charlie has offered a nice dry/warm place to pour some lead sinkers.

Might not be close to everyone but what better way than to spend a day and make a drive to pour some sinkers eat some fine food & drink some beverges and BS about the up coming season.
    Charlie thanks again for the offer hope we can plan to make this happen sometime this winter.

Oh and I will bring some GPS spots on some hot winter time crappie brush piles.:wink:

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I might be able to make it. I would like to, especially if there is BBQ.:smile2:
    I have bank molds, 2-8 oz, and a no-roll mold 3-5 oz.
    Is it a BYOL kinda deal?
    I already made about 80 lbs worth a couple of weeks ago but I have more lead to melt up.
    What all molds does everyone have?
    Oh yeah, Charlie's place is fine with me. Sounds more than accomadting. I like heat.:smile2:
    Charlie, clean your garage!:wink: Just jokin. I will help with that if needed.

12. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Charlies sounds good to me. Anywhere that is warm during the winter months sounds good to me.

13. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Hey Kyle, if you want we could ride up together. I don't think I'll need any more for a while after our last pour, but I'm up for some BS, and BBQ.
    I've got 1 to 3 no rolls, and 3,4,5, flat bank molds is someone needs them, and I make a mean pot of baked beans.

14. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Charlie,

Thanks for the invite to have it at your place. I have a few molds right now and should be getting a few more if Santa gets my letter.:big_smile: Let me know if I can do any thing to help out. I should be getting some more lead soon just waiting on the good stuff to get back.

15. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    jayhawk city sounds good to me! maybe charlie can whoop up a boston butt roast that he is famous for???:cool2: i dont have any molds but i have a bunch of lead tire weights and can get more.

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Lawrence ain't that far, I'd enjoy getting back with y'all. Specially Charlie, I really enjoy his tactics to get my brine recipe:smile2:. I have jig molds, 1/32(and a small box of hooks) to .5 Oz (a few hooks). No rolls 1 to 3 oz., bank sinkers 2 to 8 oz, Slip sinkers 3/8 to 4 oz, and splitshot 5/16 and 3/8, they have a slot on each side, so they're easy to put on and take off and reuse.
    If it's not to soon, could probably smoke up a few hunks and baby Cats too.:wink::smile2:
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, who's gonna bring the beer?

17. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    Lawrence would not be to far for me .Thanks for the offer charles . I have pryamid 1- 3 oz.mold and a not so good 1/8 - 8 oz egg mold as well as a 20 lb lead kettle for cleaning and lee prod. iv for pouring. i could also bring a side for eating.

18. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Jim,how about a big ol' bottle of that jagermister like we had at milford?:smile2:

19. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Caleb your making me thirsty:dribble::wink:. Havn't had that for a while.

20. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Charlie,
    I might just have to make that trek from Wildcat Country now that we have a new coach. :wink: I don't have any molds anymore but could sure use some 8 oz. eggs for setlines if anyone has one. For what I lack in molds, I might make up in beer???:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: