Lead pouring party

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by foghorn, Jan 9, 2010.

1. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    I have seen that Kansas and Nebraska both have get togethers for making sinkers i was wondering if any one in Okla has been doing this? If so when and where? If nobody is doing this i have a big enough place to support this kind of event. I also have production bank molds that make 2,3,4,5 oz and have a assorted egg mold. I also have a jig mold if any one wants them you will have to supply the hooks. I have either a big size shop or half of a 2 car garage that we can use to pour the sinkers up in. Reply here if this sounds like a good thing.

Foggy :glasses-cool:

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Steve, that would be cool! Getting hold of a bunch of lead would be the main problem. I would think.

3. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Well i hope nobody thinks that im supplying the lead for this. Every body has to bring lead for this event. If they have extra im sure somebody will want to buy it.

4. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I have 75-100 pounds of lead.... In March, I'll be doubling that.... Something like this may be fun.

I usually throw a 5-8oz banker weight. Usually a 6 mostly, but 5's and 8's from time to time.

Usually depends on what rod I am using..... 5 and 6's on a 15' ugly stick, and 6-8's on a breakaway HDX.

5. dobbie

dobbie Member

I would be interested in showing up.I have 6 or 8 moldsfor common size sinkers.

6. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    good idea. My wife got me a melter for christmas and a die for bank sinkers so I am just getting into making my own sinkers. Dad has a chunk of lead that would go 100lbs easy so i will be putting that to good use.

7. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I would be interested, i have a bit of lead and some moulds and a propane burner and so on.
    set a date and central location. it would be fun to meet some of ya anyhow.
    gentlemen, please dont mess with melted lead in a unventelated area............it's bad for ya.

Bill.

8. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok

Bill i have a hoist that makes a good bench for makeing sinkers on right by the back door of my shop. I usually open the overhead door and it supply's plenty of ventlation as windy as it is here. lol The hoist is a drive on hoist so will be plenty of work space for several pots going at once. As far as setting a date for this im gonna have to see when the VA is gonna set my surgery date and go from there.

Foggy :good:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  9. tulsa_adams

tulsa_adams New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm in.I have 2 egg sinker molds and 6&8 ounce river sinker.And a electric melter.

10. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    So have we settled on a date?

11. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Well my surgery is set for feb 4th so to give me some healing time and plenty of notice for the event lets shoot for the 20 or 21 of march hopefuly it will be set far enough ahead so everybody can plan for it. Everyone let me know which day is best and we will set it for the majority voted for.

Foggy :cool:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  12. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I should be able to attend, it will be fun meeting like minded people.

Bill.

13. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Sounds good to me. I can go either date.

14. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd be interested in showing up and meeting you guys. I don't have any molds / lead but I'll watch and learn. either day would probably work for me.

15. tulsa_adams

tulsa_adams New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm good for either date,let me know

16. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Weekends are tough for me because of my work schedule with QuikTrip. Y'all plan it, get the date firm, and I'll see if I can fanagle a day off.

17. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I do not have molds or melters I do have some led. I will try and get more. It was cheap last year at mena. I poured some at degray with led I got from pitts ( poisonpitts) he said it was 6 cents a pound at mena then. I still have some and need more sinkers. Would have to use someone elses equipment to make some. We got robbed at the dam for all our tackle and rods last fall while we were gone so I will need sinkers this year.

Bill

18. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Well i guess so we dont interfear with someone's going to church lets make it sat the 20th. I will see if i can egt google to produce a map to my place and link it here.

19. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Ok here is a link i hope it will work.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...5.91686,-95.386391&spn=0.110106,0.219383&z=12

From wagoner go south on 69 to the curve and exit to the left this will put you on Cannon road. Its also the old 69 hwy. or part of it. The first dirt road turn left. The first road to the right turn right i will be the last house on the right. If you miss the first road on the left off of the hwy dont worry keep going almost 1 mile and turn left on 110th this will bring you out at the south end of my land. When 110 makes a little jog stay left and im in the first house this direction. The wife says everyone needs to RSVP so we know how to prepare all family and kids are welcome.

20. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    if ya dont mind a missouri boy and maybe some more bocrs i have bout 25 molds of all kinds and all the equipment to pour sinkers i could bring like to meet some of you guys to 20th is a saturday and i think its bout a 5 hour drive from the south side of kansas city

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010