lead poisoning

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by slikk03, Jan 20, 2010.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well ive been handling big sinkers for years, in the last ten years i have deveoped a tremer in all my limbs and i get weak and tingle, i have metioned this condition to the boc a few times, ms als and ect all came back negative i feel no progersion in the symtoms, so i looked up chronic lead poisoning and the symtoms are identacal to ms or als, i dont think they could market lead if it caused this but any imput would help, im not going to stop using lead cues i dont belive this is the culprit of my cns damege , i have used alot in the past and done alot of well drugs but i have stopped, i never put the lead in my mouth lol, i just tie em and throw em out like everybodey else, my tremer is not a bother yet but if it is progressive its very slow and not affesting much, ive seen top nerologist and they have no clue what it is my dad has parkonsons so it is possibe i have that but im 26 very rre for it to hit at 26 , onley one likly is ms

2. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Get to the doctor and have them test for lead poisoning, :doctor: pretty easy test and then you can rule that out.:fingers-crossed:

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well i have been making sinkers for as as long i can remember well over 30 years. When i started selling sinker years ago I was told about this and it may happen from handling some much of it. in the last 4 years i have made over 30,000 leads sinkers all by hand and i was tested for it about 2 months ago and nothing.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are not making sinkers and breathing in the fumes I think you are safe..I have been handling lead for 40 years and nothing is wrong with me.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I DONT THINK IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH LEAD BUT I JUST READ THAT THE SYMTOMS ARE IDENTACAL TO WHAT I HAVE, BUT LIKE I SAY I USED ALOT OF DUMB STUFF LIKE SMOKING OUT OF COPPER PIPES WEN I WAS YOUNG NEVER THINKING OF THE HARM, BUT I REALY NEVER WAS INTO THE DRUGS THAT CAUSE NERO DAMAGE I WAS INTO OPIODS AKA HEROIN OXYCONTIN, METH AND COCAIN ARE THE NERO TOXIC DRUGS I NEVER LIKED THEM, BUT I DONT USE ANY OF THAT NOW, 2 YEARS CLEAN WITH 1 RELAPS OFF OXYCONTIN, I KICKED IT FOR GOOD, FEEL OK MOST OF THE TIME, I JUST SHAKE BAD

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Getting tested for lead is pretty simple, just a blood test, I got tested a few years ago because I'm a painter and might have contacted lead paint. At least if you get tested you can know if that is the cause or not. Sometimes it takes something serious for doctors to get interested in what your problem is. Hopefully you can determine what the problem is before it gets too serious. Maybe one of the times you go in to the doc you will get him interested in it, good luck.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i will do that , i dont think lead sinkers can have a toxic affect on you, i mean who on the boc has a tremer bad lol, we are all hanling sinkers at least twice a week some for 50 years